Ex Player Conor McAleney

BigAlan

Has joined Kilmarnock on loan to the end of the season, could have done a job here.

So left us to go back home to be near his girlfriend and mates and now off to the frozen north to kick it about in the Jockinese Leagues. Could be back in Oxford scoring goals. Another missed opportunity! Were our recruiting team aware he was up for a move? If not why not - that’s their job!

Kilmarnock are a better prospect all round. What’s the appeal of here for him?!!

Unlikely we were willing to pay his wages which, I've been informed, is exactly what Killie agreed to do.

He coulda been somebody....a contender...how the mighty felled themselves methinks

Never forget talking with Conor after he had scored a hat-trick for us & he was complaining about his girlfriend spending £3K on a handbag! Different world.

• React
Reactions: Ian
Missed this one, what will we be left with, James Vaughn a possibility not much left otherwise.

I’m surprised we didn’t look at acquiring McAleny permanently seeing How Fleetwood have Madden and brought in Evans obviously he must have realised he wouldn’t start often

Wasn't McAleny a no.10 rather than a lone striker? That is how I remember him anyway.

Unlikely we were willing to pay his wages which, I've been informed, is exactly what Killie agreed to do.

Worrying but not surprising if true. Under eales and Appleton we were poaching players from the spl not losing them to the spl.

• React
Reactions: Ian
I would have approached for a loan and if necessary pay his full wages, on loan to end of season, with goal bonuses and a handbag for his gf. An offer he couldn't refuse. If we signed no one else the fan base would again be excited and he is the best forward we have had in the last 5 years by a country mile. A better investment than paying 200k for a striker from a league below. We won't get anyone cheap as we have advertised how desperate we are. Conor hasn't made it at Fleetwood, and is going to Scotland, where he will score a hatful and get himself back in the shop window. Scotland though - it is dire - offal pies, bovril and hoofing - European football shows us that they are L2 at best. Not sure he is getting great advice from his agent but not sure his personal ambition goes much further than earning 10k a week occasionally playing for an also-ran in the NW. So much potential and he would have been thrown into every game with us and scored goals - 100x better than anyone we have as a "striker". It shows a massive lack of funds (even if its just 200k from Tiger and friends which potentially keeps us up !) and solves the striker problem (the "sign a striker mob" are given back a goalscorer who quickly became a legend and is PROVEN). We haven't got a pot to P**s in currently and I can't see us signing anyone at all in the window. Hopefully, like last year, we aren't as bad as some around us and stay up, but soon enough it will all start again - the hype to help sell preseason ST, the lies the lies the lies..... We deserve better. If no cash has been injected (in the form of visible biggish fee signings) I think we have to think of a no confidence vote in the Chairman and hope the fanbase hold back on renewing their ST.

I would have approached for a loan and if necessary pay his full wages, on loan to end of season, with goal bonuses and a handbag for his gf. An offer he couldn't refuse. If we signed no one else the fan base would again be excited and he is the best forward we have had in the last 5 years by a country mile. A better investment than paying 200k for a striker from a league below. We won't get anyone cheap as we have advertised how desperate we are. Conor hasn't made it at Fleetwood, and is going to Scotland, where he will score a hatful and get himself back in the shop window. Scotland though - it is dire - offal pies, bovril and hoofing - European football shows us that they are L2 at best. Not sure he is getting great advice from his agent but not sure his personal ambition goes much further than earning 10k a week occasionally playing for an also-ran in the NW. So much potential and he would have been thrown into every game with us and scored goals - 100x better than anyone we have as a "striker". It shows a massive lack of funds (even if its just 200k from Tiger and friends which potentially keeps us up !) and solves the striker problem (the "sign a striker mob" are given back a goalscorer who quickly became a legend and is PROVEN). We haven't got a pot to P**s in currently and I can't see us signing anyone at all in the window. Hopefully, like last year, we aren't as bad as some around us and stay up, but soon enough it will all start again - the hype to help sell preseason ST, the lies the lies the lies..... We deserve better. If no cash has been injected (in the form of visible biggish fee signings) I think we have to think of a no confidence vote in the Chairman and hope the fanbase hold back on renewing their ST.
Do you remember Roofe?

Back
Top Bottom