Conference Conferences playoffs

Northstandboy

Owner
Staff member
Kidderminster and Stockport about to be knocked out of the Conference North play off semi final!

Knocked out.

Aldershot 1-1 Ebbsfleet in the national play off knockout stage.

Mr Waddock managing Aldershot.

Waddock was celebrating a bit too early when they went 3-1 up on penalties. They got knocked out! Haha

What went so wrong at Stockport? I remember us playing them in what's now the modern day Championship back in 1998. I think they were even in a playoff place before we hammered them 3-0 at the manor

So the candidates for the second promotion spot into the Football League are now Tranmere, Sutton United, Ebbsfleet, Boreham Wood and AFC Fylde.

One of these things is not like the others!

(I believe Boreham Wood's average home attendance was the worst in the Conference, at around 650!!)

I reckon Stockport will be in pole position next year. Hope so as they’ve got good support and been in the doldrums for far too long.
Could be a good fixture next season Boreham Wood v MK Dons

And of course Swindon might have to pay a visit too in front of 500

So the candidates for the second promotion spot into the Football League are now Tranmere, Sutton United, Ebbsfleet, Boreham Wood and AFC Fylde.

One of these things is not like the others!

(I believe Boreham Wood's average home attendance was the worst in the Conference, at around 650!!)
Boreham Wood about to win the knockout game.

Last edited:
I reckon Stockport will be in pole position next year. Hope so as they’ve got good support and been in the doldrums for far too long.
Could be a good fixture next season Boreham Wood v MK Dons
Stockport get gates in the region of 4k + ....amazing following given the level they play these days..... over twice what fellow Northwest based Accrington Stanley attract too

Stockport get gates in the region of 4k + ....amazing following given the level they play these days..... over twice what fellow Northwest based Accrington Stanley attract too
Yes, but isn’t Stockport the biggest town outside the football league?

I went to a Boreham Wood game last season (I live relatively local to them and thought I’d pop along). As well as they’ve done, it would be a bit of a joke if they made the FL. Arsenal’s women’s team play at their ground and get comparable crowds.

Tranmere v Sutton or Boreham Wood is the likely match. Only one of those is truly an FL side in size and scope.

Back
Top Bottom