Conference play off final

2-1 Tranmere - sounds like they've been on top all way through despite only having 10 men.
Their only worry is having no subs left for last ten mins (plus stoppage time - and if BW equalise extra time

I would have been backing Boreham before the match, purely for the basic underdog status.

However Tranmere clearly deserve the league status out of these two - and that bottle throwing from the Boreham fan was disgraceful.

I can't see how they'll get the win with 10 men, no subs remaining, and minus one assistant, but hopefully they get a lucky break at some point today!

Let’s not forget the Boreham Wood players flopping around in the box at every opportunity. Cheating fecks. Before the game I didn’t really care either way, now between the bottle throwing and blatant attempts to cheat, I hope a Tranmere win.

And they taught the world how to make fucked-up Mother's Pride style bread. C***s. Come on Tranmere.

Fair do's. I'd be very proud of that tenacity if it was Oxford. The diving thing with Boreham was interesting (and disgraceful) - they looked like they were trying to be serie A.

Fair play to Tranmere, proper football league club so happy to have them back.

Shite crowd though, must of been crap having that few at Wembley, be better off holding it elsewhere, probably will be once it’s sold off.

Let’s not forget the Boreham Wood players flopping around in the box at every opportunity. Cheating fecks. Before the game I didn’t really care either way, now between the bottle throwing and blatant attempts to cheat, I hope a Tranmere win.

That was as much balanced out by Tranmere doing it and thug McNulty* grabbing the BHW Manager by the throat after the final whistle when he should be celebrating.

*An effective player but a nasty one.

I think it’s the trainset owners who spend their way beyond a club’s natural or potential local fan base only for them to give up and walk away. See histon rushden lewes

Eastleigh?

What are people’s views on the new play off system? I would argue that Tranmere’s passage through it was a tad easier than the old system

What are people’s views on the new play off system? I would argue that Tranmere’s passage through it was a tad easier than the old system
Wasnt keen beforehand, but we'll have to see how it pans out over a few attempts (Conf North and South finals today), in terms of how frequently the higher finishers progress upwards.

For those that are interested, play off finals for the two regional Conference divisions taking place today:

At half time -
Hampton &Richmond + Braintree drawing 1-1
Brackley losing 2-0 at Harrogate.

Personally hoping at least one of H&R or Brackley go up as we have decent relationships with both and it could prove useful having a Conference National team to loan young players to
BTW Oxford's Shandon Baptiste is in the H&R side playing today

Brackley lost 3-0.
H&R vrs Braintree - 1-1 after 90 mins & going into Extra Time

At Hampton game. Into extra time. Baptiste having a quiet game. Some good players on show.

Bottoms - H&R lose 4-3 on penalties after extra time.
Baptiste didnt take a penalty, but the whole experience may prove useful in years to come.

Saw Chris Allen and son at game. Obviously watching our player. Baptiste has a nice touch and is a calm passer but he needs to beef up.

National League South has improved in standard significantly.

Back
Top Bottom