Conference play off final

Got to favour Tranmere. Partly as John Aldridge was their manager and partly in sympathy because of the floodlight “failure” at Scumdon in 92/93 playoff season when Tranmere were 2-1 up. Scumdon won the rearranged fixture 2-0 and were promoted over them to the top flight. Cheating vermin.

I think it’s the trainset owners who spend their way beyond a club’s natural or potential local fan base only for them to give up and walk away. See histon rushden lewes

Rushden was the most ridiculous for me, the team/ground/whole set up didn’t exist, then Griggs wanted a plaything for a few years, merged two park teams, and bought a load of promotions before getting bored and the club unsurprisingly now doesn’t exist, neither does the ground, just seems a massive waste of time that probably did damage to genuine local clubs in that area.

Rushden was the most ridiculous for me, the team/ground/whole set up didn’t exist, then Griggs wanted a plaything for a few years, merged two park teams, and bought a load of promotions before getting bored and the club unsurprisingly now doesn’t exist, neither does the ground, just seems a massive waste of time that probably did damage to genuine local clubs in that area.

A reformed AFC Rushden & Diamonds have got promoted to the Southern Premier League iirc.

AFC Fylde are another Rubbish and Dustbins just waiting to happen. I think Borehamwood are different in that they are funded by income earned from their Academies and Facilities. The owner has invested in a decent training facility, rather than splashing out on the team, which earns good money. 5 or 6 of the current players also work/coach for their academy set up.

Arsenal also have a deal to use the main stadium for their Ladies team and U23s/UEFA Youth Lg games (when qualified). Hence why they have a top pitch as Arsenal paid for it (I think) and contribute to its maintenance.

Look at how empty the stadium is. If Wembley is sold, will it still host games like this or the women’s FA Cup final?

Red! Tranmere down to 10 men with less than a minute gone!

He had to go, well over the top could have broke the other lads shin. Still took some balls from the ref to hook him though.

More drama - Tranmere score and then a player gets hit by a bottle. Should be easy to identify the culprit, there aren’t that many to choose from. f*****g tool.

And yes, definite red and I agree, very brave of the ref.

A reformed AFC Rushden & Diamonds have got promoted to the Southern Premier League iirc.

AFC Fylde are another Rubbish and Dustbins just waiting to happen. I think Borehamwood are different in that they are funded by income earned from their Academies and Facilities. The owner has invested in a decent training facility, rather than splashing out on the team, which earns good money. 5 or 6 of the current players also work/coach for their academy set up.

Arsenal also have a deal to use the main stadium for their Ladies team and U23s/UEFA Youth Lg games (when qualified). Hence why they have a top pitch as Arsenal paid for it (I think) and contribute to its maintenance.

Bit of a strange club to go down the Phoenix route, especially given they don’t play in either Rushden or Irthlingborough (think that was the village the ground was in), and that a Rushden non league club actually exists separate of them. Why reform a club which only existed a few years? They should of called themselves Max Griggs kids FC.

Always find it a bit strange that to gain our place back in the football league we had to beat a club that ceased to exist a few years later, how gutting would it be if we had been denied for that to happen.

Dunno but it would be doubled if McNulty the Tranmere Centre half was sat in there?

Bit of a strange club to go down the Phoenix route, especially given they don’t play in either Rushden or Irthlingborough (think that was the village the ground was in), and that a Rushden non league club actually exists separate of them. Why reform a club which only existed a few years? They should of called themselves Max Griggs kids FC.

Always find it a bit strange that to gain our place back in the football league we had to beat a club that ceased to exist a few years later, how gutting would it be if we had been denied for that to happen.

Not getting into the FL that season was pretty much the death knell for them.

I did like the name of the ground they groundshared with (Wellingborough Town) after reforming and appropriately was called "The Dog and Duck". Sadly the ground was sold to developers iirc and no longer exists.

lol. equaliser in the 7th minute of extra time at half time. The woolybacks must be spewing.

I see the scorer is one Bruno Andrade. Surely not the Andrade that Patto had on trial, he'd be in his fifties by now. Hope it is him striking a blow against ageism.

Tranmere down to 10 after 1 minute and all three subs used after 45 mins.

I wonder how many black cats were run over and how many ladders Micky Mellon walked under this morning.

All to do for Tranmere.

I see the scorer is one Bruno Andrade. Surely not the Andrade that Patto had on trial, he'd be in his fifties by now. Hope it is him striking a blow against ageism.
this one is 24.

Mmm, yep. I also saw a picture on t'BBC and he doesn't look at all like the other bloke.

I would have been backing Boreham before the match, purely for the basic underdog status.

However Tranmere clearly deserve the league status out of these two - and that bottle throwing from the Boreham fan was disgraceful.

I can't see how they'll get the win with 10 men, no subs remaining, and minus one assistant, but hopefully they get a lucky break at some point today!

Back
Top Bottom