Non-League Conference National, North and South playoffs

Northstandboy

Owner
Staff member
Harrogate or Notts County will join Barrow in joining the EFL. Incidentally, these two teams did not play a Playoff eliminator. Which some thought might be a disadvantage to them.

Yemi scored for Weymouth! They are in the South final against Dartford.

Bad news for York, they lost 2-0 at home to Altrincham. Another season in the Football pyramid basement! Altrincham now play Boston in the final.

Last edited:
Wes Thomas came off the bench for Notts County. Terrifying flashbacks.

I reckon Harrogate might end up winning promotion. They’ve played good, attacking football the last couple of seasons. Their ground is no bigger or better than Oxford City’s - Bolton fans thinking they’d seen it all at Accrington would have another thing coming.

Harrogate or Notts County will join Barrow in joining the EFL. Incidentally, these two teams did not play a Playoff eliminator. Which some thought might be a disadvantage to them.

Yemi scored for Weymouth! They are in the South final against Dartford.

Bad news for York, they lost 2-0 at home to Altrincham. Another season in the Football pyramid basement! Altrincham now play Boston in the final.
When ever I see York down there in the doldrums, I shudder about what might have been if we'd lost that day at Wembley.

When ever I see York down there in the doldrums, I shudder about what might have been if we'd lost that day at Wembley.

To be fair, York did get promoted out of the Conference after we beat them......only to appoint Jackie McNamara and promptly get relegated back-to-back....

And Yemi's still playing? He must be ancient!

Yemi is 36.
harrogate hold 4000 and the manager has been in charge for 11 years.
One of very few club that play in yellow and black

Thank goodness that Boreham Wood have been knocked out the playoffs. If you think Fleetwood, Crawley and Forest Green are small sides to have in the FL, Boreham Wood would trump all of those. They had an average home attendance of 718 last season.

The only reason anyone would notice them is that Arsenal play reserve and women’s matches there.

Thank goodness that Boreham Wood have been knocked out the playoffs. If you think Fleetwood, Crawley and Forest Green are small sides to have in the FL, Boreham Wood would trump all of those. They had an average home attendance of 718 last season.

The only reason anyone would notice them is that Arsenal play reserve and women’s matches there.
They even have an advertising board to Join the Arsenal family!

Harrogate will have to rip up their plastic pitch if they are successful.

Yes we don’t want crappy little clubs like them and Wycombe in the league. I hope Notts County get back in

IMO, it is part of the beauty if the pyramid system (that is very much under threat) in this country that small 'unfashionable' upstart teams can climb the leagues. I can think of one team who play in yellow who were just that at one point!

If a team is good enough to get promotion, then good luck to them - they might not have a huge following, but maybe that will grow once the team is in the league. I don't like it when the Sunderlands of this world say they are 'too big a club' to be in this division or that division and the same is true when people say a club is 'too small' to be in any particular position in the league.

How on earth do clubs like that even survive?

IMO, it is part of the beauty if the pyramid system (that is very much under threat) in this country that small 'unfashionable' upstart teams can climb the leagues. I can think of one team who play in yellow who were just that at one point!

If a team is good enough to get promotion, then good luck to them - they might not have a huge following, but maybe that will grow once the team is in the league. I don't like it when the Sunderlands of this world say they are 'too big a club' to be in this division or that division and the same is true when people say a club is 'too small' to be in any particular position in the league.
Yes I agree really, it’s just fun to make digs at Wycombe. I’m sure that some big but crappy clubs look at us that way

Honestly, I used to think it was fun to have tiny clubs getting into the football league, while bigger, traditional football league clubs languished in the Conference.

And then suddenly that bigger, traditional football league club was us, and it wasn't so fun any more (well, there was some fun to be had in the Conference, but getting relegated out of the league was decidedly not fun).

So now there's very, very few traditional football league clubs that I would wish a stay in the conference on, and those that do end up there, I hope their stay is short.

Notts County vs. Harrogate?
Club with the longest history in the world, thousands of regular fans and a great old school stadium vs. A club that only went professional three years ago, averages barely more than 1,000 fans and plays in a garden shed?

Only one way I'm hoping that's going to go.

It's bad enough that Barrow got promoted, but at least they have a couple of thousand fans and some history behind them......

Honestly, I used to think it was fun to have tiny clubs getting into the football league, while bigger, traditional football league clubs languished in the Conference.

And then suddenly that bigger, traditional football league club was us, and it wasn't so fun any more (well, there was some fun to be had in the Conference, but getting relegated out of the league was decidedly not fun).

So now there's very, very few traditional football league clubs that I would wish a stay in the conference on, and those that do end up there, I hope their stay is short.

Notts County vs. Harrogate?
Club with the longest history in the world, thousands of regular fans and a great old school stadium vs. A club that only went professional three years ago, averages barely more than 1,000 fans and plays in a garden shed?

Only one way I'm hoping that's going to go.

It's bad enough that Barrow got promoted, but at least they have a couple of thousand fans and some history behind them......
Barrow are an ex league club with plenty of history. Wonder how Workington are doing?

Barrow are an ex league club with plenty of history. Wonder how Workington are doing?

Not very well in recent years. Was talk of a shared new stadium with the RL club in partnership with the Council but having not looked in a while, I doubt anything will happen.

Wes Thomas came off the bench for Notts County. Terrifying flashbacks.

I reckon Harrogate might end up winning promotion. They’ve played good, attacking football the last couple of seasons. Their ground is no bigger or better than Oxford City’s - Bolton fans thinking they’d seen it all at Accrington would have another thing coming.
Thomas did alright for us .

Harrogate will have to rip up their plastic pitch if they are successful.

Could be interesting that, how long does a new pitch take to lay and ready to play on. Season starts in 6 weeks. ?

Back
Top Bottom