General Colin Bell RIP

Manchester City fans have been petitioning for a stand to be renamed in his honour.
"The Colin Bell Grandstand"

Never saw him play live, but from what i have read and seen on the tv over the years a truly gifted player. RIP

A terrific box to box midfield player.
I remember seeing the Man City side which included Bell, Summerbee and Lee. They were a very entertaining team and had some quality players.
RIP Colin Bell

Played during another lockdown. Three day week.
remember the threeday week & that game - I was doing my apprenticeship at Cowley car factory, British Leyland as it was at the time

That 'city side were immense , including Bell, Summerbee, Lee, and Law (the latter , who scored his goal - if memory serves- late in the second half at the London Road End, and his celebration wasn't well received by the Oxford faithful in the London Road.... Graham Atkinson's goal , albeit a consolation, was a bit good)

Played during another lockdown. Three day week.
OXFORD UNITED 2 CITY 5

F.A. Cup 3rd Round

5th January 1974

attendance 13,435

scorers
City
Law(8 & 78), Summerbee(25 & 88), Marsh(44)
Oxford Curran(30 pen), Atkinson(86)

remember the threeday week & that game - I was doing my apprenticeship at Cowley car factory, British Leyland as it was at the time

That 'city side were immense , including Bell, Summerbee, Lee, and Law (the latter , who scored his goal - if memory serves- late in the second half at the London Road End, and his celebration wasn't well received by the Oxford faithful in the London Road.... Graham Atkinson's goal , albeit a consolation, was a bit good)
How did you end up working down Walton well road after doing your apprenticeship at Cowley?

Great player for Manchester City and England, it’s a pity there will be no Fans at tonight’s match because he would of got a fitting farewell from both sets of supporters.

Rest in peace Colin

How did you end up working down Walton well road after doing your apprenticeship at Cowley?
went to work at W Lucy, after a few years away from engineering, following my time at BL

OXFORD UNITED 2 CITY 5

F.A. Cup 3rd Round

5th January 1974

attendance 13,435

scorers
City
Law(8 & 78), Summerbee(25 & 88), Marsh(44)
Oxford Curran(30 pen), Atkinson(86)
My second game UTM and was overawed by City, they had some amazing players. RIP Colin!

Back
Top Bottom