Colin B Resignation

They were desperate times. It was all about survival. If Robin had not been "nice" would he have been the opposite and would we be where we are now but with a different owner of the stadium?
True. It seems that we are cursed when it comes to owners!
Still, I have bought a Euro millions ticket and have great ambition!

For example, moving to Horspath (next to the training ground area) or Sandy Lane would see us having to reduce the capacity significantly & cause a significant strain on road infrastructure.

Building on a rugby pitch near Bicester Village is moving the club out of the 'city' although probably high up on the well researched* list of options no doubt - I'm sure it has benefits to the new board.

Water Eaton - things move on I'm sure but can't see it.

Moving to Wycombe or Northampton in a hissy fit to try and get one up on a landlord is suicidal. Actually an idiotic suggestion.

Meanwhile, staying at the Kassam Stadium, finding a deal that suits all, building a fourth stand (YES FK said he'd do that), filling in corners, getting Colin B's architects back to a table**, sat next to a new train station hub linking the city centre, seeing thousands of houses being built on the SODC side of Grenoble Road, a community hub for a growing part of the city suburbs - doesn't sound a bad idea, does it?

*research probably extends to speaking to people at Sunderland, people at the EFL or looking through this very forum.
** club official quickly adds this to list of research and might actually speak to OXVOX who might be able to help

I asked Niall McWillams when the club were going to communicate the 5 sites and he sad soon!! I said, how soon is soon, then he said it’s quite easy to work out where the sites were!! I said how would we (fans) know/guess where these sites were, and if it’s that easy why doesn’t the club just announce them? Basically got a smile and unreassuing response saying everything will be alright!!

Two points off of relegation again as it stands with very tough game’s in January; Pompey, Fleetwood, Barnsley & Peterborough!! Me thinks we could be well into the relegation zone by the end of January if we don’t recruit good & fast.

I asked Niall McWillams when the club were going to communicate the 5 sites and he sad soon!! I said, how soon is soon, then he said it’s quite easy to work out where the sites were!! I said how would we (fans) know/guess where these sites were, and if it’s that easy why doesn’t the club just announce them? Basically got a smile and unreassuing response saying everything will be alright!!

Two points off of relegation again as it stands with very tough game’s in January; Pompey, Fleetwood, Barnsley & Peterborough!! Me thinks we could be well into the relegation zone by the end of January if we don’t recruit good & fast.

marginally, only marginally better than the stock 'Ill have to get back to you on that" MD response

2 home defeats in a row since @Colin B stood down! I hope the club are doing everything they can to woo him back - whatever the cost!!

Having said that, Colin did think we’d be alright after our first game of the season against Barnsley, whereas, I raised my concerns!!

Would you expect anything else from Niall "I'll get back to you" McWilliams?

Ooh he’s a little tease isn’t he?! I wonder if there’s going to be a club quiz with a £10 club shop gift voucher going to the lucky winner..

Isn’t he just!!
So it’s alright for us to try and guess the 5 mythical sites as there quite easy, the question should be which if any have been looked at seriously and more than talking about them as just sites.
The time delay and no one from the council taking any ownership of a very ambiguous statement, makes you wonder if it was all hot air at the time. It should be all steam ahead with the help they are getting, even CB passing on a ground architect details to the officials of a groundless club, there are so many people out there wanting it to happen, I even think Oxvox’s stance might have changed over the last week or so.

I have noticed purely by accident( I have better things to do with my time than know what councillors are up to) that Ian Hudspeth has twice on Friday mornings tweeted about productive meetings with Niall McWilliams. Maybe discussing sites?

I have noticed purely by accident( I have better things to do with my time than know what councillors are up to) that Ian Hudspeth has twice on Friday mornings tweeted about productive meetings with Niall McWilliams. Maybe discussing sites?

Please don’t tell me you researched that at midnight on New Year’s Eve.

Please don’t tell me you researched that at midnight on New Year’s Eve.
Good god no. I knew this a few weeks ago. At midnight I was drinking Prosecco with a full stomach after a large Chinese meal while watching madness/ fireworks. ?

• React
Reactions: MJB
Would you expect anything else from Niall "I'll get back to you" McWilliams?

Nope!!

I do wonder why he associates himself with Tiger et al with his current facade, especially if he wants to mantain his previous respected status within the local community.

Should that last word read as ‘shite’?

• React
Reactions: m
So it’s alright for us to try and guess the 5 mythical sites as there quite easy, the question should be which if any have been looked at seriously and more than talking about them as just sites.
The time delay and no one from the council taking any ownership of a very ambiguous statement, makes you wonder if it was all hot air at the time. It should be all steam ahead with the help they are getting, even CB passing on a ground architect details to the officials of a groundless club, there are so many people out there wanting it to happen, I even think Oxvox’s stance might have changed over the last week or so.

I think the outburst by Tiger/Niall re; the possible 5 sites mainly came about because of their frustrations with Kassam in terms of his lack of respect/rudeness towards them when they arranged to meet up, and his continual reluctance to negotiate a fair deal.

I think the outburst by Tiger/Niall re; the possible 5 sites mainly came about because of their frustrations with Kassam in terms of his lack of respect/rudeness towards them when they arranged to meet up, and his continual reluctance to negotiate a fair deal.

I can assure you that there was no lack of respect or any ‘rudeness’ at the meeting(s).

Happy New Year!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom