Colin B Resignation

Maybe in your view, however the members need to be made aware of what the fcuk is going on. Remember the committee in situ was not elected by the membership. It is imperative that an EGM is called forthwith and the “committee” explain in detail what is happening both within the trust and the club. There has been far to much secrecy and information held from the membership for too long. Meeting taking place between club officials and committee members on stairwells within the stadium is not how things should be conducted.Oxox strength is it’s membership, not a few committee members holding clandestine meetings with the club.
The committee was not elected as no one else put themselves forward for the role. Far too many people one here are more than happy to say what should be happening but won't commit to it themselves. How many attended the last AGM? Most members can't commit to an hour or 2 before a game, yet snipe on here about those actively trying to make things better. Perhaps we can look forward to you taking over the Chairs position and showing how things are done?

regarding calling an EGM
without OxVox articles of constitution to hand, (should there be any sub-clauses pertaining to calling for an EGM contained within? ), to check if there are any sub-clauses specifically regarding the calling of an EGM

Heres a generally applicable, and fairly comprehensive guide to the calling of an EGM .....https://www.companylawclub.co.uk/calling-general-meetings#Memcall

regarding calling an EGM
without OxVox articles of constitution to hand, (should there be any sub-clauses pertaining to calling for an EGM contained within? ), to check if there are any sub-clauses specifically regarding the calling of an EGM

Heres a generally applicable, and fairly comprehensive guide to the calling of an EGM .....https://www.companylawclub.co.uk/calling-general-meetings#Memcall

also the calling of an EGM is covered within the Companies Act 2006

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/2006/46/contents

The committee was not elected as no one else put themselves forward for the role. Far too many people one here are more than happy to say what should be happening but won't commit to it themselves. How many attended the last AGM? Most members can't commit to an hour or 2 before a game, yet snipe on here about those actively trying to make things better. Perhaps we can look forward to you taking over the Chairs position and showing how things are done?

I have no doubt that the outgoing chairman was indeed actively trying to make things better. As for your constant sniping against those of us who want answers, give it a rest, your becoming a bore.

Not a member myself so I won’t comment on this but I have said more than once recently 1 of the problems of social media is everyone is happy to slate things or knows exactly what is going on but rarely backs it up with facts.

The problem is though Colin, you are not the MD of OxVox. It is a supporter's group not a company. The group is supposed to represent their members, and the people elected were done so on the basis of their background and what they said they were going to do. So it is entirely right that they have input into the policies and press releases of the group - as much as the Chairman, who is just an elected member as are the rest of them.
Whilst I agree with this general thrust - the Chair is a figurehead for the full committee and may have to report views which don’t tally with their own individual views - I can also understand Colin’s frustration on this.

There are long-standing members of the committee who would struggle to identify what they actually do to help the trust, other than turn up to committee meetings and chip in on the committee email group. If it was laid out in the open, the rank hypocrisy demonstrated by some of the committee would raise eyebrows at the very least. Having to postpone (yet again) a much needed committee meeting because a couple of committee members wanted to go to a youth team friendly, for example, underlined to me the level of commitment they had for the Trust.

When you then feel, as Chair, your position is being compromised by such individuals, I can well understand the frustration.

Going forward, I think there needs to be a serious look at the OxVox mission. As a starting point, the Trust’s articles of association need to be published on the website. They used to be there but I can’t find them now. These articles set out what the trust can and can’t do, and what is expected of the various roles.

Secondly, an EGM needs to be held soonest to allow members to hear from the committee about their thoughts on the current internal situation, the current relationship with the club, and to enable members to have direct input on this.

Thirdly, there needs to be much greater transparency regarding OxVox’s interactions with the club. That doesn’t mean reporting back every conversation, but where there are formal meetings with club officials these MUST be minuted properly and reported back to members. Getting a diluted version via the minutes of the next committee meeting is not enough.

If I didn’t have a good bottle of Scotch calling, I could think of plenty more, but that’ll do for starters!

I have no doubt that the outgoing chairman was indeed actively trying to make things better. As for your constant sniping against those of us who want answers, give it a rest, your becoming a bore.
*you're

And as for asking questions, did you attend the AGM and ask them? Did you submit them in writing to the committee to ask on your behalf? I suspect not! Because like so many, it is easier to moan on here than it is to put yourselves out for a second to get the answers you demand.

Yes, I'd like to see the Oxvox mission, as well as the constitution. Before adopting the standard Supporter's Trust regulations, I thought there was some sort of mission statement as being a link between the supporters and the owners for the better of the club. This seems to have wavered across to ...
the Asset of Community Value application, which I think many people still doubt the merit of;
a big project looking at buying the stadium behind the then owner's back;
and also pissing off the owner by making statements concerning his running of the club with the "critical friend" approach.

*you're

And as for asking questions, did you attend the AGM and ask them? Did you submit them in writing to the committee to ask on your behalf? I suspect not! Because like so many, it is easier to moan on here than it is to put yourselves out for a second to get the answers you demand.

Maybe I did maybe I did not, however that does not equate to me and others being silenced by the like of you. Stick to your role within the prison service and leave the intelligent matters to the rest of us.

Yes, I'd like to see the Oxvox mission, as well as the constitution. Before adopting the standard Supporter's Trust regulations, I thought there was some sort of mission statement as being a link between the supporters and the owners for the better of the club. This seems to have wavered across to ...
the Asset of Community Value application, which I think many people still doubt the merit of;
a big project looking at buying the stadium behind the then owner's back;
and also pissing off the owner by making statements concerning his running of the club with the "critical friend" approach.

Is that correct? Keeping a close vigil on how the club is being run to ensure it’s not being put at risk, is closer to what I would like from the independent supporters group.

Apologies if I’ve misunderstood and that’s what you meant ?

Maybe I did maybe I did not, however that does not equate to me and others being silenced by the like of you. Stick to your role within the prison service and leave the intelligent matters to the rest of us.
What the hell has my job got to do with this? And as for intelligent matters maybe you can work on your spelling!

No one is being prevented from asking questions, there are thousands of posts on here doing just that. But the one thing I do object to is people moaning on here about those who give up their time for the club but can't be bothered to attend meetings to ask their questions. The same way that some demanding an EGM will probably not attend either.

Any supporters group is only as strong as it's members, and that means being actively involved as well as moaning on here.

What the hell has my job got to do with this? And as for intelligent matters maybe you can work on your spelling!

No one is being prevented from asking questions, there are thousands of posts on here doing just that. But the one thing I do object to is people moaning on here about those who give up their time for the club but can't be bothered to attend meetings to ask their questions. The same way that some demanding an EGM will probably not attend either.

Any supporters group is only as strong as it's members, and that means being actively involved as well as moaning on here.

If my spelling upsets you, tough sh1t. As for moaning, that’s more like you as you are always questioning other posters with the holier that you attitude. With reference to your job, well it does tell us a lot about you as a person, as your continually bad mouthing others. It must be a trait of your profession.

Is that correct? Keeping a close vigil on how the club is being run to ensure it’s not being put at risk, is closer to what I would like from the independent supporters group.

Apologies if I’ve misunderstood and that’s what you meant [emoji4]

Well until we find out the oxvox mission i won’t know.

I like the things oxvox do that get little public attention like the sensory room, youth team sponsorships , the achievements plaques on SSU. Also the unpaid roles that people do for the good of the club whether it’s programme sales or fund raising. Like many other trusts do.

As for the close vigil , we didn’t have any questions about the potential “Sartori” takeover. At the same time there was what appeared to be a coordinated anti Eales campaign running amongst the fanbase.

If my spelling upsets you, tough sh1t. As for moaning, that’s more like you as you are always questioning other posters with the holier that you attitude. With reference to your job, well it does tell us a lot about you as a person, as your continually bad mouthing others. It must be a trait of your profession.
Maybe my profession just helps me spot the idiots for who they actually are! Look forward to hearing your excuses for not attending future OxVox meetings!!

Not taking sides here, but if Oxvov use this forum as their sound board and put the majority of their stuff on this forum, the responses good or bad will be on this forum, you can’t censor people’s views good or bad this is a public forum.

Not taking sides here, but if Oxvov use this forum as their sound board and put the majority of their stuff on this forum, the responses good or bad will be on this forum, you can’t censor people’s views good or bad this is a public forum.

Where am I censoring people's views? I have just suggested that it would be good if those demanding an EGM actually attended and raised their concerns in person. Is there anything wrong with that? I appreciate that people lead complex lives and can't always commit to every game, let alone every meeting. But maybe they should show a little respect for those committee members that offer their time for the best interests of the club.

As has been mentioned, maybe OxVox needs new direction/mission statement. But that can only come from greater involvement of the wider membership.

Where am I censoring people's views? I have just suggested that it would be good if those demanding an EGM actually attended and raised their concerns in person. Is there anything wrong with that? I appreciate that people lead complex lives and can't always commit to every game, let alone every meeting. But maybe they should show a little respect for those committee members that offer their time for the best interests of the club.

As has been mentioned, maybe OxVox needs new direction/mission statement. But that can only come from greater involvement of the wider membership.

Your always trying to censor people’s views. Anytime anyone questions or challenges what’s happing, up you pop and try to question their motives. When people put themselves forward to serve on the Oxvox committee, it does not give them immunity from being challenged on what they are doing. In your eyes they are untouchable due to the fact they are giving up thier time for free for the goodness of the members, well if they can’t stand the heat then do the honourable thing and step down. At least the outgoing chairman stands by his principles and took the decision to walk away. The club is very secretive to such an extent that the majority of supporters have serious concerns as to why. You have a history of trolling posters on here, starting with Charlie and continuing with many others and it’s time you stopped.

Your always trying to censor people’s views. Anytime anyone questions or challenges what’s happing, up you pop and try to question their motives. When people put themselves forward to serve on the Oxvox committee, it does not give them immunity from being challenged on what they are doing. In your eyes they are untouchable due to the fact they are giving up thier time for free for the goodness of the members, well if they can’t stand the heat then do the honourable thing and step down. At least the outgoing chairman stands by his principles and took the decision to walk away. The club is very secretive to such an extent that the majority of supporters have serious concerns as to why. You have a history of trolling posters on here, starting with Charlie and continuing with many others and it’s time you stopped.

So posters shouldn't have immunity from being challenged, but you don't like me challenging others? Get a grip fella!!

You are correct in that it is right OxVox get questioned over certain things and their handling of certain situations especially over tax gate which seemed to started off well but has sort of gone a bit limp.

You can’t then suggest Scotchegg is out of order for questioning posters. As you brought him up, I think people rightly questioned Charlie considering it was quite clear he was telling a lot of lies at the time. That wasn’t trolling either just because certain posters get questioned more than others. They usually end up in the position where they should be questioned.

Maybe my profession just helps me spot the idiots for who they actually are! Look forward to hearing your excuses for not attending future OxVox meetings!!

I don’t need to explain myself to you so don’t hold your breath. I don’t make excuses either, I may or may not attend either way it’s none of your business. As for idiots, don’t make assumptions on posters who you have no idea of what they do or don’t do.

Back
Top Bottom