Cold

Thermals (top, bottoms and socks), few long sleeve t-shirts, fleece, down jacket, hat and gloves. One of the perks of being skinny is that you don’t look like an oversized blimp when you layer up. The downside is that if you go anywhere with any kind of warmth, you’re fecked. :)

August in the East Stand is colder than February in the North.

I was in the north stand and went to get up at half time and had lost the use of my legs :eek:

Experienced quite a frosty atmosphere up the Kassam of late but after a win like that it felt pretty tropical ?

It was as cold as I've known in the SSU. As the Bobster once , almost, said 'Jeez I can't feel my knees'.

Compared to a Sunday fixture at Forest back in the eighties, yesterday was positively tropical. Clough sent his team out early after the break and they huddled together on the centre circle. Agreed, yesterday was just about as cold as it could get. Snow swirling about in the East. Took us a good hour to thaw out in the Red Lion, Marston. It was worth it.

Weather app saying it was -7 with the wind chill. Did spot a fan wearing shorts though...wtf??

Remember Barnsley away a good while ago on that open terrace at Oakwell.........which was about the highest point between there and Siberia. I`ve never been so cold before or since.....

Don’t think it was the coldest I’ve ever felt at breeze block ,purely because the wind was from the east so sheltered by the stand(and two rather large fans in front of me), have been a lot colder on a Tuesday night in the North Stand.

Not the coldest I've been at a home game but I didnt thaw out for a couple of hours ?

Agree about both Barnsley and Notts County - both so cold they made my teeth hurt!!!

I remember the days of Division Two when we had Sunderland and Newcastle fans down in January. Whole crowd wearing t shirts and shorts. Lot of snow had fallen too

Fair play to all those that attended the"fridge" on Sat. Even with a season ticket it would have been easy to bottle out. We have a very committed fan base. long may it continue. (Never been colder during a half time break).

A Tuesday night home game v Macclesfield in the conf. sticks in my mind as v cold, and we lost 0-2. Away, I remember Forest (in the cup maybe?) and the open terrace at York in the Dennis Smith era on a midweek night.

I remember the days of Division Two when we had Sunderland and Newcastle fans down in January. Whole crowd wearing t shirts and shorts. Lot of snow had fallen too
AND they were still in the "Black Boy" come midnight.

A Tuesday night home game v Macclesfield in the conf. sticks in my mind as v cold, and we lost 0-2. Away, I remember Forest (in the cup maybe?) and the open terrace at York in the Dennis Smith era on a midweek night.
York away midweek? Thats a long...........long........way home. A committed fan.

Back
Top Bottom