Cold

Northampton away a few years ago. Snow covered pitch, bitterly cold, frostbite in Andy Whing’s beard and Captain Scott in the dugout. Took a day for some warmth to return to my feet.

We lost as well.

Athlete.
c186f9fb1286faa33397beb2f12dd2b3.jpg

Home to Swansea at the Manor in mid nineties. Freezing at half time and think we were drawing or losing 1-0 at half time. Nearly went home but didn’t and would have missed a Paul Moody hat trick in the second half in a 5-1 win.

Huddersfield away, a very snowy January day, Ian Greaves era, 1982ish. Lost 2-0. Most roads out of Oxford were blocked, as so few people travelled they didn't even open up the away end. Sat along the side with the home supporters.
I think it was on Match of the Day as most other Div 1 games (now premiership) were postponed.

I’m with windmill on this one, forest away absolutely freezing, I’ve never been so cold.

Oldham aka “ Ice Station Zebra “ away in December 2000 - unbelievably cold
with the freezing Saddleworth Moor providing the backdrop.

Dover away in the FA Cup November 1981 almost as cold at the Crabble Ground.

Coldest game at the Manor was an England U.17 game in Jan/Feb 1991 ?
The pitch and terracing was frozen but somehow the game went ahead.
It was absolutely perishingly cold.

Huddersfield away, a very snowy January day, Ian Greaves era, 1982ish. Lost 2-0. Most roads out of Oxford were blocked, as so few people travelled they didn't even open up the away end. Sat along the side with the home supporters.
I think it was on Match of the Day as most other Div 1 games (now premiership) were postponed.

I remember that game being on MOTD - we lost 2-0 on a freezing, snow covered, Leeds Road pitch.
Motty was despatched to Huddersfield with minutes to spare that day.

Oldham aka “ Ice Station Zebra “ away in December 2000 - unbelievably cold
with the freezing Saddleworth Moor providing the backdrop.

Dover away in the FA Cup November 1981 almost as cold at the Crabble Ground.

Coldest game at the Manor was an England U.17 game in Jan/Feb 1991 ?
The pitch and terracing was frozen but somehow the game went ahead.
It was absolutely perishingly cold.
I was at that U17 game, think it was against Denmark. The thermometer at the Cuckoo Lane end was reading -16. Before the game I was in the Headington chippie standing behind Kenny Dalglish in the queue. Strange but true.

I was at that U17 game, think it was against Denmark. The thermometer at the Cuckoo Lane end was reading -16. Before the game I was in the Headington chippie standing behind Kenny Dalglish in the queue. Strange but true.
Dalglish queue for anything? Dont make me laugh. Too arrogant, must've been a lookalike.

I remember Gateshead away in the FA cup, was freezing, got all the way there and if I remember rightly it was postponed at half time.

Carlisle United vs OUFC in the 19/11/05. Lee Bradbury in the 90th minute getting a consolation goal. Fortunately we made a weekend of it so my wife wore every single item of clothing she had with her but was still cold.

Dalglish queue for anything? Dont make me laugh. Too arrogant, must've been a lookalike.
Dalglish wore a long Brown leather coat that night...I was a stewarding and took him to the boardroom, signed my programme, but it was England U19s. Think he was there to watch McMannaman. Was Ian Walker in goal for England?

Back
Top Bottom