Coinbase

Northstandboy

Owner
Staff member
Did anyone buy on the opening of Coinbase yesterday?

I did at about $399, it sank!

Some people are going to get seriously toasted or manipulated on this crypto lark.

It`s not for me thank you.

I quite agree. a friend of mine is in Bitcoin to the tune of £40000+, and I can see it going down. You can now buy a TESLR with a Bitcoin. He has one of those too. Powers the £40000 car from the 17 solar panels on his roof. I’m due to have a ride in it next week. Should be interesting as everyone says it’s the way to go

I quite agree. a friend of mine is in Bitcoin to the tune of £40000+, and I can see it going down. You can now buy a TESLR with a Bitcoin. He has one of those too. Powers the £40000 car from the 17 solar panels on his roof. I’m due to have a ride in it next week. Should be interesting as everyone says it’s the way to go

Next door has a Tesla ... enjoy, its an experience!!
You can even have a log effect fire on the screen! (y)

I didn't buy Coinbase but I do use it and the gains (and losses) you can make on there are unreal. It's an exchange platform on steroids. Not for the faint hearted but if you're willing to lose what goes in, there's no better way to gamble invest

I see it as gambling more than anything else but I’ve doubled my initial ‘investment’ in Bitcoin and have taken enough out that I can’t end up worse off than before

This Dogecoin stuff is a million times more silly but I’ve thrown a bit into it for the fun of it, again I’ve already taken out what I put in so I’m not too fussed if it all comes crashing down, hopefully it lasts a bit longer though

Coinbase was my platform of choice when I did dabble in crypto.

But very quickly decided it was not for me and got out before I lost (or made) a fortune.

I see it as gambling more than anything else but I’ve doubled my initial ‘investment’ in Bitcoin and have taken enough out that I can’t end up worse off than before

This Dogecoin stuff is a million times more silly but I’ve thrown a bit into it for the fun of it, again I’ve already taken out what I put in so I’m not too fussed if it all comes crashing down, hopefully it lasts a bit longer though
After what happened yesterday are you now a millionaire!?!?

Ouch............. unless you were the folk selling "them" who walked with £2.5 million. :)
Oof - I tend to just avoid when "influencers" start pumping coins and/or they're based on cultural references (dogecoin, cumrockets etc ). Doing alright with the few "safer" (I know lol) crypto-currencies but I think I'll pull it out soon and get back into more traditional investment methods.

Crypto looks every inch blatantly risky. I know of many who’ve made lots of money but i can imagine the heartbreak that might be involved

I can completely understand why people are looking at crypto more and more seriously, especially the younger generations. It's prominent on social media, seemingly far more than traditional investing strategies, with very active communities on Reddit/Discord/Telegram etc. If you're at an age where you're looking to get some money together for a house deposit, then leaving it in the bank will get pitiful returns. If you have a few thousand in savings then you're not getting a house with that, so you may start thinking what have you got to lose? Lose the lot and you're still not getting your own place, but do well and the potential is massive.

I can completely understand why people are looking at crypto more and more seriously, especially the younger generations. It's prominent on social media, seemingly far more than traditional investing strategies, with very active communities on Reddit/Discord/Telegram etc. If you're at an age where you're looking to get some money together for a house deposit, then leaving it in the bank will get pitiful returns. If you have a few thousand in savings then you're not getting a house with that, so you may start thinking what have you got to lose? Lose the lot and you're still not getting your own place, but do well and the potential is massive.

There lies the problem.

Back
Top Bottom