Manager/Coach Coaching set-up

MJB

Local BBC is reporting that current coaching set-up, including Faz, is to remain but rejigged and potentially added to alongside the introduction of the Under-23 system we’re introducing.

Pleased to hear it, personally.

Local BBC is reporting that current coaching set-up, including Faz, is to remain but rejigged and potentially added to alongside the introduction of the Under-23 system we’re introducing.

There is an article about it in the Oxford Mail as well.

There is an article about it in the Oxford Mail as well.

Ah, sorry, haven’t seen that.

My money is on Richie Barker joining the coaching set up.

Sixteen wheels is a good base for a coach.... anything less is a minibus :sneaky:

Allen demoted
Shame
Surprised Faz is still at the club. I thought it was damning on him how how Kr sorted the defence in 2 weeks.

Allen demoted
Shame
Surprised Faz is still at the club. I thought it was damning on him how how Kr sorted the defence in 2 weeks.
Yep, I was thinking that too. Now maybe there really is that gulf of difference between those who're managers and those who're coaches, but the change was pretty darned swift once KR got his feet under the table.

Maybe Faz wanted one more year/season?
Perhaps the new U23 squad main man job is more of a sideways move for a Head coach assistant, assistant?
With a number of U23 squad players intended to also be first team squad players too, maybe KR trusts Chrissy
Allen to be his eyes n ears in a hands-on way for who should be called up for the first team squad?

I don’t know about a backwards step for Chrissy, first team coach with not much responsibility, or u23 manager, trusted on bringing through the next generation of players and getting them to a level they can play a part in the first team. I would say sideways step at worse.

Assistant regional manager
Assistant to the regional manager, yeah
Hmmm. The first team coach being told to take charge of the kids is a downgrade sadly. Swallow it down how you like.
If Allen is replaced I think Faz is a waste of a wage.

Allen demoted
Shame

Personally I don’t see it that way.

At the moment Allen is behind Faz in the pecking order, assistant to the assistant. Being in charge of the u23s is potentially a more rewarding position.

I’m a bit surprised to see Faz staying to be honest, if KR is bringing in his own man where does Faz fit in?

In his defence Faz inherited a very unbalanced and demotivated squad from Clotet. Robinson benefited from the fact Kane & Dickie had started to settle in, and with the skipper coming back from injury earlier than expected. Faz also had his hands tied over playing Ricardinho re his contract for next season. That’s not to say I don’t think KR did a very good job after he came in.

Assistant regional manager
Assistant to the regional manager, yeah
Hmmm. The first team coach being told to take charge of the kids is a downgrade sadly. Swallow it down how you like.
If Allen is replaced I think Faz is a waste of a wage.

Unlike u to see the negative in the situation, oh no wait it isn’t is it.

I think it’s a great thing the club is adding an u23 side.

I think Chrissy is a great choice to run that team with the success he had before with the youth side .

As I said ages ago I could see Chrissy taking this role, which will tie in with the first team. And faz becoming head of recruitment/chief scout a position were still short of, which he has experience in, which also lets him take a step back from being so full time on the training pitch, and still let Karl bring in someone he wants as his no2

Unlike u to see the negative in the situation, oh no wait it isn’t is it.

I think it’s a great thing the club is adding an u23 side.

I think Chrissy is a great choice to run that team with the success he had before with the youth side .

As I said ages ago I could see Chrissy taking this role, which will tie in with the first team. And faz becoming head of recruitment/chief scout a position were still short of, which he has experience in, which also lets him take a step back from being so full time on the training pitch, and still let Karl bring in someone he wants as his no2

You can’t wait to jump on anyone not sucking down the kool aid eh?

There is nothing negative for oufc that Allen has been demoted from a first team position to one looking after the kids

Its a good thing. Even better if Faz is eventually moved elsewhere too

But not a particularly positive thing for Allen I’d have thought. That is if he has genuine aspirations of making it in this field

You can’t wait to jump on anyone not sucking down the kool aid eh?

There is nothing negative for oufc that Allen has been demoted from a first team position to one looking after the kids

Its a good thing. Even better if Faz is eventually moved elsewhere too

But not a particularly positive thing for Allen I’d have thought. That is if he has genuine aspirations of making it in this field

It could be a positive thing for Chrissy Allen if he builds a long term career in this type of position, head of an academy etc.

Back
Top Bottom