Co-opted Members

> A while ago chap called Mark Sennett was chair of OxVox;
> At the time OxVox gave their approval to the Right To Bid agreement;
> This severely pissed off a lot of the committee, as they felt it was not the right deal and was not agreed by all committee members;

just for the sake of accuracy, it's certainly true that some oxvox members fundamentally disagree(d) with the RTB - either in principle or because they felt they should have been consulted.

however, in terms of the committee i don't think any of the members at the time were 'pissed off' at it (although i'm sure they'll correct me if they were). it was certainly supported by the committee as a whole, and it is supported by the current committee who are going through the process of renewing it.

My mistake then Matt. It must have been certain OxVox members- rather than committee members - who were annoyed at what they saw as Mark Sennett and others bulldozing through the RTB, and who subsequently set up Yellow Voice to voice their anti OxVox sentiments. Whoever they were, they certainly didn't like Mr Sennett!

Happy to put it right.

no problem pete. i try not to P**s off too many people, so just like to be clear about who i have pissed off!

For clarity, Matt is right. The committee were fully supportive of the legislation, went to lengths to discuss it with the Council and I took the lead in applying for it. Mark was chair and took plenty of stick :D

Now some members were against it - they set up a new forum Yellow Voice - I know who set that forum up and who funded it. They may have been rather annoyed that there had been a lack of consultation or because it pissed off people who felt they could buy it and f**k this football club over - I point in the first instance to London Welsh - they were in discussions about buying it from Firoka and retaining the club as landlord - like Wasps did at Coventry. Despite the dogs abuse, we did what was right by the Trust, fan-base and football club. When people began to understand it, when we became the first body to apply and succeed in an ACV listing, when loads more clubs followed suit, the significance became apparent.

To this very day, it was a great achievement by that committee. Had it been open for discussion, Firoka would have had the heads up to fight it, after all, FK took us to tribunal and committee members were summoned to the man himself. But make no mistake, the credibility of this Trust was enhanced immeasurably, FK started to talk to us (he hadn't in the previous 5-6 years) & relationships were formed and nurtured.

We as a Trust, now speak to Firoz weekly. Depsite everyone having an opinion on him, Jem will vouch for this, he is a thoroughly nice guy and an exceptional businessman who believe it or not, will help this football club move forward. Tiger & Co have spoken to him, with introductions from our Supporters Trust.

To end, I would do it all again and not change a single thing of our strategic thinking. The element of surprise, helped us to make the first ever successful application. I find it funny now, how everyone thinks what a great idea/principle the ACV Right To Bid is.

For clarity, Matt is right. The committee were fully supportive of the legislation, went to lengths to discuss it with the Council and I took the lead in applying for it. Mark was chair and took plenty of stick :D

Now some members were against it - they set up a new forum Yellow Voice - I know who set that forum up and who funded it. They may have been rather annoyed that there had been a lack of consultation or because it pissed off people who felt they could buy it and f**k this football club over - I point in the first instance to London Welsh - they were in discussions about buying it from Firoka and retaining the club as landlord - like Wasps did at Coventry. Despite the dogs abuse, we did what was right by the Trust, fan-base and football club. When people began to understand it, when we became the first body to apply and succeed in an ACV listing, when loads more clubs followed suit, the significance became apparent.

To this very day, it was a great achievement by that committee. Had it been open for discussion, Firoka would have had the heads up to fight it, after all, FK took us to tribunal and committee members were summoned to the man himself. But make no mistake, the credibility of this Trust was enhanced immeasurably, FK started to talk to us (he hadn't in the previous 5-6 years) & relationships were formed and nurtured.

We as a Trust, now speak to Firoz weekly. Depsite everyone having an opinion on him, Jem will vouch for this, he is a thoroughly nice guy and an exceptional businessman who believe it or not, will help this football club move forward. Tiger & Co have spoken to him, with introductions from our Supporters Trust.

To end, I would do it all again and not change a single thing of our strategic thinking. The element of surprise, helped us to make the first ever successful application. I find it funny now, how everyone thinks what a great idea/principle the ACV Right To Bid is.
Well said, Oxvox are going to miss you as their press secretary...

I am sure the new committee will keep Colin in check. The new chairman can dig himself out of his own scrapes :p

I am sure the new committee will keep Colin in check. The new chairman can dig himself out of his own scrapes :p

Sarapes? Me?

All joking aside, I'm looking forward to reading your posts on here now that you're free of the responsibility that comes with being on the OxVox committee. Now you can say what you really think Simon!!!

Confirmed - Simon to replace dave t on yellows forum [emoji23][emoji16]

Will SD co-opted status also be looked at after the revelations about his personal life.

Will SD co-opted status also be looked at after the revelations about his personal life.

Of course. The OxVox committee is the moral yardstick by which the county runs. We will also be binding weights to his feet and throwing him in a river. If he floats, he is a witch and he will be burnt at the stake. If he drowns, then he will be granted posthumous co opted status.
Let he that is without sin, cast the first vote.

Only if it turns out the stripper is also on the committee, as otherwise it’s hard to see how his personal life has any bearing

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom