Club identity/wearing away and 3rd kit unnecessarily

When I was a kid we had a black and white telly and you never heard us complaining.
One fact I find amusing:

The first broadcast snooker game in the UK was in 1953. Colour TV broadcasts didn't start until 1968.

With "Whispering" Ted Lowe and his now immortal commentary

"and for those of you who are watching in black and white, the pink is next to the green"

Simpler times....

Ok so from the break down on Ox Kits when we have worn yellow away this season we have lost.
I have said it before and will say it again, Robinson was aware of this fact as we lost more away from home in yellow than when we wore our other kits last season too. That is why he doesn’t like us wearing yellow away from home.

He also prefers us playing in all white as the players look bigger to the opposition than if we play in black.

As much as some would like us to wear yellow every week, while Robinson is manager I’d get used to us playing in our other kits than our yellow shirts.

The clubs identity is the badge on the shirt and what the clubs symbolises to us. Not just the colour of what shirt we wear.

Ok so from the break down on Ox Kits when we have worn yellow away this season we have lost.
I have said it before and will say it again, Robinson was aware of this fact as we lost more away from home in yellow than when we wore our other kits last season too. That is why he doesn’t like us wearing yellow away from home.

He also prefers us playing in all white as the players look bigger to the opposition than if we play in black.

As much as some would like us to wear yellow every week, while Robinson is manager I’d get used to us playing in our other kits than our yellow shirts.

The clubs identity is the badge on the shirt and what the clubs symbolises to us. Not just the colour of what shirt we wear.
Well said...
Now can this thread come to an end before I start seeing RED, or yellow, or black or white...!

Ridiculous, of course a clubs colours are integral to its identity!

Also, I'm of the opinion superstitions are for the weak minded.

Tonight, if the clubs Instagram quiz is anything to go by it seems that instead of wearing Yellow/Navy/Yellow against Pompey who wear blue/white/red it seems we're illogically going to wear the white and blue shirt with white shorts tonight.

Screenshot_20220301-163256_Instagram.jpg

Ridiculous, of course a clubs colours are integral to its identity!

Also, I'm of the opinion superstitions are for the weak minded.

Tonight, if the clubs Instagram quiz is anything to go by it seems that instead of wearing Yellow/Navy/Yellow against Pompey who wear blue/white/red it seems we're illogically going to wear the white and blue shirt with white shorts tonight.

View attachment 8346
I said it wasn’t JUST about the colour of the shirt.

You say superstition is for the weak minded…you do realise the majority of professional sports people and athletes have some form of superstition.

I’ve explained the reasons why we don’t wear yellow away from home. If you don’t like the answer then that’s up to you but don’t expect anything to change no matter how many times you stamp your feet.

You say superstition is for the weak minded…you do realise the majority of professional sports people and athletes have some form of superstition.

It's like supporters on here saying they are wearing their lucky pants. Then we lose, and after the next game we win it's because of their lucky socks.

I'd suggest it is more routine than superstition for a lot of athletes. Routine is important in getting your head ready for sport, I know I have routines I go through before going on a long run and that's at a low level. Of course there are always the few who really take it to extremes and have to put their socks on in a certain order or whatever.

Just watched EFL Quest - Lincoln v Sheff Wed.
Lincoln obviously playing in their home kit, Red & White stripes, black shorts.
So what do Sheff Wed do, they play in their home kit as well Blue & White stripes, black sorts.
So effectively 2/3 of their kit was the same colour with the same design, ie stripes,.
Surely this was the classic case for wearing their 2nd or 3rd kit.

given the embargo on Chelsea selling any club shop items- including replica kits ( not even now, minus the sponsors logo!)

wonder how often they, Chelsea , will deviate from their blue (and white) 'home' kit, when playing away now.... if there's no clash with the home team ?

Just watched EFL Quest - Lincoln v Sheff Wed.
Lincoln obviously playing in their home kit, Red & White stripes, black shorts.
So what do Sheff Wed do, they play in their home kit as well Blue & White stripes, black sorts.
So effectively 2/3 of their kit was the same colour with the same design, ie stripes,.
Surely this was the classic case for wearing their 2nd or 3rd kit.
Being colour blind, I couldn't tell one team from the other.

Back
Top Bottom