Club identity/wearing away and 3rd kit unnecessarily

If you don’t like the 2nd or 3rd kits don’t buy them. The club wont bother if enough people don’t buy them… I suspect enough people disagree with you and buy them.

If you don’t like the 2nd or 3rd kits don’t buy them. The club wont bother if enough people don’t buy them… I suspect enough people disagree with you and buy them.
I think this thread is about the team wearing yellow, not fans.

Surely the concept of an 'away strip' is pretty familiar now? It's quite funny to see what odd setup teams will appear in. I guess the difference is that we now never play in yellow away from home, and change strips even if there is no clash of colours.

Last edited:
Surely the concept of an 'away strip' is pretty familiar now? It's quite funny to see what odd setup teams will appear in. I guess the difference is that we never play in yellow away from home, and change strips even if there is no clash of colours.
It's really only been this season that we have worn alternative kits in practically every away fixture, for some reason.

Of course you are, but I'm also allowed to point out you've essentially said the same thing in multiple different posts. It's not like we didn't understand you the first time, and you're trying to bring up this debate time and time again.
This thread is specifically about this issue and I'm not the only one to raise it. We played in white against a team who play in white and red which meant the shorts were the same and made the game harder to read.

I find it sad some fans care more about a few extra shirt sales (apparently?) For the club than an insult to our identity.

This thread is specifically about this issue and I'm not the only one to raise it. We played in white against a team who play in white and red which meant the shorts were the same and made the game harder to read.

I find it sad some fans care more about a few extra shirt sales (apparently?) For the club than an insult to our identity.
That's a bit dramatic. If you were so concerned about symbolism I'd expect you to not have a red avatar!

Personally I much prefer us to play in our traditional yellow where possible. I appreciate the need for an alternative away kit, but it should only be used when there is a colour clash with the home team.

I actually like to see away teams at Oxford playing in their traditional colours.

As a stand alone kit I don’t like this seasons all ’white’ kit at all.
Having said that the recent white kit with the diagonal yellow/blue stripe was one of best ever away kits in my view.

Personally I much prefer us to play in our traditional yellow where possible. I appreciate the need for an alternative away kit, but it should only be used when there is a colour clash with the home team.

I actually like to see away teams at Oxford playing in their traditional colours.

As a stand alone kit I don’t like this seasons all ’white’ kit at all.
Having said that the recent white kit with the diagonal yellow/blue stripe was one of best ever away kits in my view.
Well put @Yellow River
Agree on all points

The (excellent) white with diagonal yellow n blue from last season was limited in its availability if memory serves, which wasn't the best marketing move IMO

Last edited:
maybe they are thinking about the colour blind?
As a 'sufferer' of red/green deficiencies colour blindness (I think just the most common type, but doesnt just affect those two colours), there have been a few games where I've struggled to easily distinguish teams.

Last edited:
As a 'sufferer' of red/green deficiencies colour blindness (I think just the most common type, but doesnt just affect those two colours), there have been a few games where I've struggled to easily distinguish teams.
I have that too ljs its quite common

Whilst I believe wearing alternative kits away from home is primarily about increasing shirt sales and giving longevity to players' kits (cost-saving). The colour blind issue should also be considered. It's easy to think the Crewe and Charlton games were pointless changes, as for many years it was assumed Red v Yellow is fine. However, it's worth noting that for colour blind people, reds can appear a dirty yellow. This is image is from an FA document https://www.colourblindawareness.or...18/07/FA_COLOUR_BLINDNESS_IN_FOOTBALL_ENG.pdf
Screenshot-2022-02-26-093211.jpg

Whilst I believe wearing alternative kits away from home is primarily about increasing shirt sales and giving longevity to players' kits (cost-saving). The colour blind issue should also be considered. It's easy to think the Crewe and Charlton games were pointless changes, as for many years it was assumed Red v Yellow is fine. However, it's worth noting that for colour blind people, reds can appear a dirty yellow. This is image is from an FA document https://www.colourblindawareness.or...18/07/FA_COLOUR_BLINDNESS_IN_FOOTBALL_ENG.pdf
View attachment 8317
isnt simulation a yellow ( or how it appears) card offence?

View attachment 8317
*waits for some good old boy to call colourblind people snowflakes*

Back
Top Bottom