Club display v Newcastle Utd

Lincoln.yellow1

With nigh on 10,000 yellows potentially in attendance for the Newcastle replay its time the club brought more colour to the stadium, especially now we are on prime time national TV......
The display in the east stand was a bit Heath Robinson for the Man City match with yellow coloured paper that was held up as the players came out that only lasted for about 20 - 30 seconds or so then disappeared........
(Leicester City do a good job of this)
I think the club could hand out flags, scarfs or even ‘T‘ shirts that could be worn over the top of your existing attirrand not just the East stand but also the North stand (South stand upper wouldn’t want it however the South stand lower would) at least this way the colour would be apparent and visible for the whole 90 minutes (or 120 mins) which would give our supporters an extra lift and also the players would see a lot more yellow in the stands that may spur our team on and make the boys from the North East feel a bit more intimidated & the watching arm chair brigade may sit up and take note of our actions and club ambitions.....
Yes there will be a cost, however the trip to Newcastle, the full price ticket for the replay at the Kassam and now the BBC TV replay money which when all added up is set to net us a minimum of £200,000+ so spending £10,000 - £20,000 on making the match day experience in front on a few million viewers watching on TV has to be worth it, and you also leave the match with something that can be used again....!
Everyone is a winner.........

I do think the Real Madrid one is particularly eye catching, imagine that in yellow across the whole East Stand?

The other was more jest.

Dear Ultras.

I love you and miss you. So much. As does almost everyone. We will be live on bbc1 going out to millions across the nation. The bbc will be boring on about how great the fans from the north east are. And patronizing us.

Please please do your thing and make us all so proud. I’d love to see a picture of an ox downing or defecating onto a bottle of Newcy Brown Ale live on prime time

let’s start the PayPal action today!

?????????????????

Dear Ultras.

I love you and miss you. So much. As does almost everyone. We will be live on bbc1 going out to millions across the nation. The bbc will be boring on about how great the fans from the north east are. And patronizing us.

Please please do your thing and make us all so proud. I’d love to see a picture of an ox downing or defecating onto a bottle of Newcy Brown Ale live on prime time

?????????????????

But without the smoke bombs and flares, unfortunately!

Rather than rely on a short time frame and "somebody else" doing it ........shouldn`t/couldn`t we just do something simple?
Wear Yellow!
Jim Smith surfer.
Make some noise.

With nigh on 10,000 yellows potentially in attendance for the Newcastle replay its time the club brought more colour to the stadium, especially now we are on prime time national TV......
The display in the east stand was a bit Heath Robinson for the Man City match with yellow coloured paper that was held up as the players came out that only lasted for about 20 - 30 seconds or so then disappeared........
(Leicester City do a good job of this)
I think the club could hand out flags, scarfs or even ‘T‘ shirts that could be worn over the top of your existing attirrand not just the East stand but also the North stand (South stand upper wouldn’t want it however the South stand lower would) at least this way the colour would be apparent and visible for the whole 90 minutes (or 120 mins) which would give our supporters an extra lift and also the players would see a lot more yellow in the stands that may spur our team on and make the boys from the North East feel a bit more intimidated & the watching arm chair brigade may sit up and take note of our actions and club ambitions.....
Yes there will be a cost, however the trip to Newcastle, the full price ticket for the replay at the Kassam and now the BBC TV replay money which when all added up is set to net us a minimum of £200,000+ so spending £10,000 - £20,000 on making the match day experience in front on a few million viewers watching on TV has to be worth it, and you also leave the match with something that can be used again....!
Everyone is a winner.........
What's wrong with people in the south stand upper then??

Just a quick practical point, if BBC1 coverage doesn't begin until 19.59 hours as stated and the kick off is 20.05, would it even feature on live TV?

Dear Ultras.

?????????????????
Well said Dr Otto , in fact l was speaking to some home chaps , at a away game, and they asked what happened ” To the Ultra lads” so people have noticed. Would be great, to have that colour back , even just for the one game.

Back
Top Bottom