Club 1893

Ohhh this will not got down well with some in the Maurice Evans lounge. Personally I didn’t mind it when it was trialled last season as it meant we were closer to the bar. Longer with guest as it’s both in the same room. And the ability to bring guests, as there was never the option to do that before. Down sides - further to walk for ur halftime coffee. And having to mingle with those manor loungers

Ohhh this will not got down well with some in the Maurice Evans lounge. Personally I didn’t mind it when it was trialled last season as it meant we were closer to the bar. Longer with guest as it’s both in the same room. And the ability to bring guests, as there was never the option to do that before. Down sides - further to walk for ur halftime coffee. And having to mingle with those manor loungers
Will all these extra bods about, does that mean coffeegate is back on the menu..

Will all these extra bods about, does that mean coffeegate is back on the menu..

To be fair the coffee actually worked better as u lined up and had people pouring it rather than having to run around the room playing find the milk. But from my experience change is frowned on in there. Still none of that in the north stand [emoji109]

Oi! We don't mingle with your sort! We may have to tolerate the proletariat being given access but mingle? Good gracious! NO!

On a serious note, the prices have been adjusted for guests and the young which was a bone of contention at the start of last season. Not sure about this mention of only 11 spare places, always seemed to be a lot more than was expected at half time!

To be fair the coffee actually worked better as u lined up and had people pouring it rather than having to run around the room playing find the milk. But from my experience change is frowned on in there. Still none of that in the north stand [emoji109]
You are right none of that in the N/S, just bloody great long queues ?

Do they do the delicacy of bovil with brown sauce ?or is that too high brow for you loungers..

You are right none of that in the N/S, just bloody great long queues [emoji109]

Do they do the delicacy of bovil with brown sauce ?or is that too high brow for you loungers..

Ex lounger. [emoji6] more comfortable in the north stand, my Tourette’s outbursts at referees isn’t met with such a look of horror [emoji23][emoji23]

Oi! We don't mingle with your sort! We may have to tolerate the proletariat being given access but mingle? Good gracious! NO!

On a serious note, the prices have been adjusted for guests and the young which was a bone of contention at the start of last season. Not sure about this mention of only 11 spare places, always seemed to be a lot more than was expected at half time!
I know the club dont really check the tickets/passes when fans come back into corporate at half-time. Though, when they did I know couple of chancers being turned away. Also you might get players families in there too.

I know the club dont really check the tickets/passes when fans come back into corporate at half-time. Though, when they did I know couple of chancers being turned away. Also you might get players families in there too.

Often get the match officials families/friends/associates pre-match. Can be quite amusing to pass comment on the ref, particularly when it's one of the infamous types (Kettle, Deadman etc.) Nothing too defamatory but just enough!

Often get the match officials families/friends/associates pre-match. Can be quite amusing to pass comment on the ref, particularly when it's one of the infamous types (Kettle, Deadman etc.) Nothing too defamatory but just enough!
Interestingly enough someone said the players family, friends, agents, etc...do have a suite, though there aren't any facilities provided...

Will this be returning next season?
A lot depends on the vaccination program. If the NHS continues at present levels then there will not be any room for the 1893 club. It has been suggested that a scaled down version using the two existing lounges (Manor and Maurice Evans) might be set up but, the space is limited and may not prove cost effective.
The club want to have something to increase income but without the right facilities, it won't happen. The OUSP and OxVox are involved and have discussed this previously. Prior to the booster campaign it was expected that the bar and larger room, presently occupied by the vaccination clinic, would be made available and the hope was to have something in place from this month. Obviously that will not happen.

It is a great shame and disappointment for many, some of the more vulnerable and elderly season ticket holders really appreciated the warmth of the lounges at half time and the social interaction for many was their only chance to lead a normal life. The bonus of a car parking space in close proximity to the stadium entrance meant less difficulty in getting to the ground (also gone but still unexplained by the club) and I know of some who will not be renewing season tickets on the present set up.

Whatever happens in the future, the new stadium must feature better access, more comfort, better bars, restaurants and much improved facilities.
If the club is to continue in attracting season ticket sales from the community at large, inclusive of all, then a great deal of thought must be given to the needs of everyone.

Back
Top Bottom