Clotet our for goodness sake

Heard that he's stubborn in his ways, Faz & Chrissy can't stand him and a few players too...

Ha, I don’t think you’ll see many more Oxford games if you’re so picky! Will you come back if we are in the championship?

As it happens yes I am 'Picky', except I prefer to call it discerning. I don't do blind allegiance, and I don't entertain 'holier than thou' sicophants, you excluded. Under the present (mis)management the notion of reaching the Championship is about as realistic as Donald Trump winning the nobel peace prize for diplomacy. The greater task is staying out of relegation. I have absolutely no faith whatsoever that this is a foregone conclusion, history should teach us that, many times over.

The owner is silent, the Manager is inept and the players are underperforming. Why would I want to fund this ?

But you go ahead, and you can laugh at me when the mighty U's are in the dizzy heights of the championship.I won't hold my breath.

Just floating it - what's the consensus of opinion on Chrissy Allen potentially making the step up (not right now but maybe soonish)? When I've heard him interviewed he seems to talk sense and from what I can see he's not doing an appalling job working with the playing staff.
Needs more experience, gained in the lower leagues, before embarking on a league managers job. We've been there with Patterson before.

Is the shushing Clotet's "history history I don't care about your history" moment?

I think many of us welcomed the new direction that Pep bought after the unwanted departure of Michael Appleton, but it's not working. It's getting worse. It's like groundhog day watching the same s**t, listening to the same s**t excuses.

Let’s also not forget Appleton’s “ white noise “ comment for the sake of balance.

It wasn’t all sweetness and light in 2015!

https://kassstadcolumn.wordpress.com/2015/03/19/bad-apples-at-oxford-united/

Needs to know football and have some presence and vision. The rest will come.

Paddy was the brains of that operation unless my evenings entertaining Yvette Cooper have been wasted.

I'd give him a little while longer. We were poor today, but generally we're a decent side in the final two thirds of the pitch and score plenty of goals even though we don't have quality players. But at the back we get exposed game after game for what a shambles we are. If he can do something with the defence then there is hope, although I won't hold my breath.

I don't understand why people have a problem with the shushing from Pep.

Either you're one of the morons who shouts negative comments at the players, in which case you would be a hypocrite if you took offence at such a mild gesture, or you're a supporter of the team in which case the shush wasn't aimed at you.

Either you're one of the morons who shouts negative comments at the players, in which case you would be a hypocrite if you took offence at such a mild gesture, or you're a supporter of the team in which case the shush wasn't aimed at you.
Don't think anybody Would've cared about the shushing if we won. But we didn't and he's telling the ones criticising to be quite but at the end of the day he's not getting results.

Ok , by ur own Definition - when has phil brown ever over achieved at this level? Most overrated, up him self, thundercunt of a man going. I would rather appoint mickey Lewis again

Southend finishing one point off play-offs last term is an over-achievement in my book

But this isn’t really about Phil Brown.

A club like us either goes for a safe pair of hands like him and hopes that he pulls a group of players kicking and screaming up the leagues

Or they go for an untested, up and comer. Like Pep. Hoping he’s going to be an inspiration, like Wilder was in early years.

But when you plump for option 2, I’m pretty sure it’s pretty dumb to sack the untested guy when you’re mid table, had little summer prep and just signed two players for cash

Pep seems like a nice enough bloke.
But he never sounds- or looks- like he’s really in charge.
It’s a bit like having someone in business who’s a great Finance Director, thinks he has what it takes to be CEO, but isn’t up to it.
I am away most weekends, and the last game I saw was Wigan.
That was enough for me.
He’s not doing a very good job with an okish bunch of players, and if we don’t take action now, we may well be heading for the bottom four in a matter of weeks.
Sorry, but it’s time for him to go.

I tend to agree.

Too much dishing out the vitriol and then getting upset by such a gesture.

The problem is, it sort of back fired after such a humiliating cave in. Made the gesture look a bit silly then.

If he did indeed do that, it’s childish and not very professional

To lose at home to a team that has lost its last seven matches and not scored in eight will not overwhelm the turnstiles even with the most loyal fans.
Our most successful years have been built on a solid defence and in this department we are currently pathetic.

Back
Top Bottom