Clotet new Brum caretaker manager

What is the point of this thread?

He left over a year ago.

Move on.
Well, it's in the 'Other Football related' forum, which is the right place for it. We have experience of him and so can comment with some authority as he was our manager for a while. And we do comment all the time about managerial and other appointments that have much less to do with our club. Seems like a perfectly sensible thread to me?

As things stand, CW & Pep have gone on to bigger & better things since departing the breeze block.

Where as MApples is currently struggling to find his place, currently unemployed. Funny ol' game.

As things stand, CW & Pep have gone on to bigger & better things since departing the breeze block.
A bit early to say Pep has gone on to bigger things if it's a caretaker role. He was a number 2 in the championship before he came to us wasn't he? And went back to being a number 2. Let's see if he lands the role permanently first.

That’s a shame as I was looking forward to playing them in the 20/21 season, looks like we might be heading in opposite directions now.

Very odd that he’s staying & taking over first team duties at the moment usually they would go as well with the manager specially with him being his number 2 everywhere he’s (expect Middlesbrough when Pep was with us) & someone from the U23s or Youth team coach takes over

Monks not been happy with there budget & was against selling Jota to Villa for £4m plus likely to sell there best striker Che Adams

Well, it's in the 'Other Football related' forum, which is the right place for it. We have experience of him and so can comment with some authority as he was our manager for a while. And we do comment all the time about managerial and other appointments that have much less to do with our club. Seems like a perfectly sensible thread to me?
He’s just repeating what I posted on a thread he started a few weeks back about why Clotet was sacked.

Where as MApples is currently struggling to find his place, currently unemployed. Funny ol' game.
Given that Monk had a very brief spell as a player here, then we can add him into the discussion....
....but only to say that he appears to be another young manager who had not had a lot of luck in terms of clubs giving him suppoort

Seems to have done well at all four clubs he's been at, (Swansea, leeds, Boro, Brum) but had four surprise departures....which either means he is a nightmare to work with OR given a supportive board may turn out to be an absolute diamond for someone someday

I will forever look back at his signings and cringe.
I will forever look back at his signings and cringe.

A lot of duds for sure but Richardinho was top class for L1 and Mowatt had a great season in a side just promoted from L1 so there was a touch of evidence that he wasn’t completely useless.

Also one or two performances under him there was some outstanding football. The performance at home to Bradford when they equalised with the last kick stands out, that particular night we played some of the best football from an Oxford team I’ve seen in the last few years.

All too infrequent though and the Wigan debacle perhaps best sums up his tenure in general.

• React
Reactions: Ian

Pep not the Bookies favourite, that is Xavier Calm (a magnificent name for a football manager), last manager of Spanish 3rd tier UE Cornella!
Xavier Calm to work with the under 23s.
The No.1 job seems to be Pep Clotet's if he wants it.

Xavier Calm to work with the under 23s.
The No.1 job seems to be Pep Clotet's if he wants it.
Also indicated a Director of Football to come in and improve recruitment policy.

So that should stop the Mehmetis and Tiendallis of the world rocking up at St Andrews.

Xemi will probably still find his way in though.

Back
Top Bottom