General "Close Contact"

Robie

Is there anyone out there with the knowledge of the likelihood of a player being within 2 metres of another for a cumulative total of 15 minutes during a game of football?

I imagine maybe a striker being man marked might get towards that but surely it's very unlikely?
I trust our bench are going to be spread out 2 metres apart from each other else once one tests positive they will all have to isolate.

Is there anyone out there with the knowledge of the likelihood of a player being within 2 metres of another for a cumulative total of 15 minutes during a game of football?

I imagine maybe a striker being man marked might get towards that but surely it's very unlikely?
I trust our bench are going to be spread out 2 metres apart from each other else once one tests positive they will all have to isolate.
Surely it doesn't matter if they've all been tested and are negative...

If a player subsequently tests positive those that have been in close contact then need to self isolate for 14 days from that contact.
For normal people, yes, but I should think footballers will be tested again.

test if needed: if you develop symptoms of coronavirus, other members of your household must self-isolate immediately at home for 14 days and you must book a test at www.nhs.uk/coronavirus or call 119 if you have no internet access. If your test is positive, you must continue to stay at home for at least 7 days and we will get in touch to ask about your contacts since they must self-isolate. If your test is negative, you must still complete your 14-day self-isolation period because the virus may not be detectable yet - this is crucial to avoid unknowingly spreading the virus.

The reason I ask is because it may be possible to justify the risk of continuing to play if it is extremely unlikey that any players will be in close contact for 15 minutes.

test if needed: if you develop symptoms of coronavirus, other members of your household must self-isolate immediately at home for 14 days and you must book a test at www.nhs.uk/coronavirus or call 119 if you have no internet access. If your test is positive, you must continue to stay at home for at least 7 days and we will get in touch to ask about your contacts since they must self-isolate. If your test is negative, you must still complete your 14-day self-isolation period because the virus may not be detectable yet - this is crucial to avoid unknowingly spreading the virus.

The reason I ask is because it may be possible to justify the risk of continuing to play if it is extremely unlikey that any players will be in close contact for 15 minutes.

Also the players only isolate for 10 days.

Back
Top Bottom