• ****Join the YF Fantasy EFL League: HERE. ****

EFL Class A Football Ban

Sorry mate I don’t think it’s discrimination in this case given the many issues that we’ve historically had, and still have, specifically with football fans.

How long should football fans be punished for what happened in the past? Punishing people for what others did years ago?

In fact most of the people commenting are of an age where it was rife, maybe we should profile football fans and anyone over 50 should be banned.

Rugby is the only sporting event I have ever been to where someone has just vomited in the middle of the concourse, was disgusting.
That reminds me of a game against Brighton at the Godstone back in 1985. Really warm day, one of our fans had consumed a fair few drinks beforehand, and fell asleep on the terrace. He then started throwing up. Couple of St John's medics came over to assist, at which point the bloke woke, thought they were coppers coming to nick him, and tried to fight them off until his mate calmed him down. Weird day. And more exciting than the game, which finished 0-0.

You just need to look at how differently football fans behave compared to rugby fans.

Similar venues, similar number of fans.. completely different mentality.

The majority of fans would be perfectly fine with relaxed rules on drinking , but sadly the minority is still not small enough to relax the rules.
This is just like FOSB branding all football fans as thugs. Yes some people that go to football misbehave and should be punished, but it is unfair to say that thier behaviour is because of the football, and so all
People that gontk
Football have to be subjected to different laws. a t**t is a t**t whether in the town centre or the stadium or at the rugby

That reminds me of a game against Brighton at the Godstone back in 1985. Really warm day, one of our fans had consumed a fair few drinks beforehand, and fell asleep on the terrace. He then started throwing up. Couple of St John's medics came over to assist, at which point the bloke woke, thought they were coppers coming to nick him, and tried to fight them off until his mate calmed him down. Weird day. And more exciting than the game, which finished 0-0.
I saw an Oxford fan throwing up at an away game a couple of years ago.

This is just like FOSB branding all football fans as thugs. Yes some people that go to football misbehave and should be punished, but it is unfair to say that thier behaviour is because of the football, and so all
People that gontk
Football have to be subjected to different laws. a t**t is a t**t whether in the town centre or the stadium or at the rugby

I guess the best way to address this is to run some test events.

Allow football fans to drink during a game and mix all fans together like they do at rugby.

People that gontk
Football have to be subjected to different laws. a t**t is a t**t whether in the town centre or the stadium or at the rug
It’s a minority that ruin it for the rest of us.

FOSB just feed off of that, sadly.

I guess the best way to address this is to run some test events.

Allow football fans to drink during a game and mix all fans together like they do in rugby.

If people want to drink fair enough, football is more exciting to watch than Rugby though so it’s never bothered me.

But I wouldn’t want to lose that tribal part of football support, I like the fact we are separated, creates a better atmosphere.

People forget the main difference between Rugby and football is that football is more club based, club rugby doesn’t have the same passion, no one really cares if they win or lose they are just there to wear s**t shoes and get drunk, hardly any away fans. Football actually matters, why would the much bigger sport need to copy the little one?

It’s a minority that ruin it for the rest of us.

FOSB just feed off of that, sadly.
My point is that it’s wrong that the minority ruin it for the rest of us. Punish them appropriately, but to have laws specific to the sport you choose to watch because of a minority is fundamentally wrong.

I’ve seen so much drug taking, drunken behaviour, fighting at the horse racing and no one bats and eyelid

My point is that it’s wrong that the minority ruin it for the rest of us. Punish them appropriately, but to have laws specific to the sport you choose to watch because of a minority is fundamentally wrong.

I’ve seen so much drug taking, drunken behaviour, fighting at the horse racing and no one bats and eyelid
And again, my wife is very sorry

Football is a tea party compared to horse racing, the big boxing fights etc.

I completely take your point .

But going back to my original comment.. the examples set by idiots at the euros have done nothing to help change the stigma, rightly or wrongly, when compared to other sports.

But going back to my original comment.. the examples set by idiots at the euros have done nothing to help change the stigma, rightly or wrongly, when compared to other sports.

If it’s throwing the plastic pints that is rife at music gigs.

Yeah that stigma is a massive problem.

But surely that's any rule or law that's been brought into effect? Through a disruptive minority spoiling it for the rest of us.

Whilst football was getting better in the 00s and 10s, sadly there are signs of it slipping back into its old ways, with incidents and arrests rising post-covid. Watching series like Football Cops highlights the issues the sport still has.

How long should football fans be punished for what happened in the past? Punishing people for what others did years ago?

In fact most of the people commenting are of an age where it was rife, maybe we should profile football fans and anyone over 50 should be banned.
But those issues were resolved by… authorities getting to grips with the situation and figuring out how to deal with it. Partly because of these laws.

fwiw I agree that it is worth trialling different things - I live in Sweden and you can drink 3.5% beer in the stands and it’s fine - but let’s not pretend that the problem and the scale of the problem is a) gone away or b) not unique to football fans.

Just because someone puked at a rugby match once or there’s a fight or two at the horses doesn’t mean it’s anywhere near the level in football. For a not insignificant number of fans it’s part of the culture of football fandom - the casual scene is alive and well.

I'm an advocate for football violence and public disorder, but there's something about taking coke into a football match which just seems a bit pathetic to me.

Drugs are for nights out, keep them away from the football. There are kids around.

But surely that's any rule or law that's been brought into effect? Through a disruptive minority spoiling it for the rest of us.

Whilst football was getting better in the 00s and 10s, sadly there are signs of it slipping back into its old ways, with incidents and arrests rising post-covid. Watching series like Football Cops highlights the issues the sport still has.
This is an issue with society, not football as a sport

Back
Top Bottom