• ****Join the YF Fantasy EFL League: HERE. ****

EFL Class A Football Ban

Dilla

An Oxford fan has been given a 5 year ban for possession of Class A at Shrewsbury in March.

What are people's opinions on the new legislation? To me it seems a bit harsh for personal possession to result in a 5 year football ban and perhaps the wrong approach to try to solve anti-social behaviour problem. On the other hand if they really think there is a strong link between football hooliganism and drugs then it will be an easier way to hand out football bans going forward.

That does seem harsh. Coke is rife in society, you won’t get this sort of harsh punishment outside of football.

If he was caught with drugs at a rugby match, would he be banned from going to rugby matches? I hate that football fans are discriminated against, the no drinking in view of the pitch is outrageous

Err… Not when you witness dickheads throwing their drinks onto the pitch at the euros.

Still too many idiots attending football matches to be given any responsibility… ruins it for the rest of us.

Still… if we’re starting to weed out druggies, it’s a positive.

I feel like this has been handed out to make an example of him. In my mind there's no need to bring coke into any football ground, and drug taking at football grounds will only fuel bad behaviour. And that's before we get onto the damaging and potentially fatal consequences drugs can have in the wrong hands, especially if they're passed onto impressionable teenagers. If you want to take these things there's a time and a place for it, but a football ground really isn't one.

Err… Not when you witness dickheads throwing their drinks onto the pitch at the euros.

Still too many idiots attending football matches to be given any responsibility… ruins it for the rest of us.

Still… if we’re starting to weed out druggies, it’s a positive.
It should apply to all sports, all stadiums, just because I like football I am treated differently to those that like rugby, sometimes in the same venue, it makes no sense

It should apply to all sports, all stadiums, just because I like football I am treated differently to those that like rugby, sometimes in the same venue, it makes no sense
Unfortunately there is a clear contextual and historical difference between football fans and rugby fans, so they shouldn’t be treated the same.

Unfortunately there is a clear contextual and historical difference between football fans and rugby fans, so they shouldn’t be treated the same.
Historical in the correct word, the law needs modernising so people who do not break the law are not discriminated against.

The hypocrisy of banning this kid crom
Football is that he can go to any other sporting event still, and have a bag of coke with him and do whatever the authorities were worried he might do while on coke at the football.

Last edited:
Historical in the correct word, the law needs modernising so people who do not break the law are not discriminated against
Sorry mate I don’t think it’s discrimination in this case given the many issues that we’ve historically had, and still have, specifically with football fans.

You just need to look at how differently football fans behave compared to rugby fans.

Similar venues, similar number of fans.. completely different mentality.

The majority of fans would be perfectly fine with relaxed rules on drinking , but sadly the minority is still not small enough to relax the rules.

Rugby is the only sporting event I have ever been to where someone has just vomited in the middle of the concourse, was disgusting.

Back
Top Bottom