City of London Investment Trust - CTY

I’d out as much in as you can. They’re going to provide serious income over the next few years

I had £118.75 twice last year but now take 30 shares instead.
These serve me very nicely.
My plans over the next few months are to sell Byotrol hopefully at a profit, then move funds over to MNG...they are huge and dividends are even more than CTY...I think around 8% so not to be sneezed at

I had £118.75 twice last year but now take 30 shares instead.
These serve me very nicely.
My plans over the next few months are to sell Byotrol hopefully at a profit, then move funds over to MNG...they are huge and dividends are even more than CTY...I think around 8% so not to be sneezed at

Got back into City after the chat on here. A steady long term divy hold 👍.

Hold some decent Divy payers at the moment, if anyone looking for a decent yield :-

BP - 6.8%
BAT - 7.6%
GSK - 6.2%
IMB - 9.3%
MNG - 8.9%
VOD - 5.8%

Last edited:
I’ve got BP and seen a capital loss of around £800
Having said that the dividend will probably double next year and more shareholders will pile back in.
M and G I reckon is very good value. They insist on paying good dividends and provide good capital growth too. They now own Prudential so more than reasonably safe

I’ve got BP and seen a capital loss of around £800
Having said that the dividend will probably double next year and more shareholders will pile back in.
M and G I reckon is very good value. They insist on paying good dividends and provide good capital growth too. They now own Prudential so more than reasonably safe

I`ve got Prudential on my FT ISA. Doing fine so far.... 35% gain in a month...

I wish I’d known more about that one. They’re based in Chelmsford next to my old workplace

Talking of dividends, Astrazenika just paid out. Every little bit helps!

It does. Taylor Wimpey paying out in May too 4.4p per share.
hoping to buy MNG soon as they pay out big amounts, certainly more than the Post Office Savings Account

CTY doing very nicely still
quite happy at the moment

Attachments

• 648C5C0F-EA0E-4CD2-9155-FCC37F2D15E4.png
    648C5C0F-EA0E-4CD2-9155-FCC37F2D15E4.png
    350.8 KB · Views: 8
MNG is big payer in terms of dividends and show huge capital growth too.
I can’t wait to introduce them into my portfolio

I thought it’d be good. Hope you piled in.
Once I get the opportunity I’ll be in

Back
Top Bottom