City of London Investment Trust - CTY

Overall on CTY I’m up over £550 on £8500 investment plus £236 dividends. Not bad since May.
unsure about TAY atm...may well sell, although it would be nice to have some surety about brexit

They’re a bargain.
I wish I’d kept Taylor Wimpey instead of selling at 155p
Still made a profit though

They’re a bargain.
I wish I’d kept Taylor Wimpey instead of selling at 155p
Still made a profit though

My motto... No Regrets.

Very rarely do I buy or sell at the optimum time unless I get very lucky.

Just be happy with the profits and accept that sometimes we have to suck up a loss.

My motto... No Regrets.

Very rarely do I buy or sell at the optimum time unless I get very lucky.

Just be happy with the profits and accept that sometimes we have to suck up a loss.
I guess I was listening to a friend heavily invested in property who’d said he sold all his holdings.
mind you CTY is 3.70

My sentiments too. Profit taking.
Over the next twelve months I’ll try and add on weaknesses.
Bad start today caused by potential lockdown. Very worrying 1000 people passed in U.K. yesterday. I’m sure the figures look much worse because of Christmas.
Ireland has gone for lockdown. Question is will Boris announce it after the markets close?

It’s a great investment isn’t it. I’m looking forward to £120.00 coming soon, the third one in nine months. Someone I know will be very happy as he’s got nearly six figures Invested in them.
It is a great addition to a pension paying paltry sums
This is how their dividends continue to rise

Attachments

• BB1EB8FC-9930-4B8F-AB74-89869371C1F5.png
    BB1EB8FC-9930-4B8F-AB74-89869371C1F5.png
    247.7 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:
Dividend paid into account today. Not a fortune but every little bit helps!

Mine goes into more shares.£112.64 should buy 30 more shares.
Taylor Wimpey, disappointed a bit today, but this will be good longer term. I have a feeling the chancellor will help them along tomorrow

Mine goes into more shares.£112.64 should buy 30 more shares.
Taylor Wimpey, disappointed a bit today, but this will be good longer term. I have a feeling the chancellor will help them along tomorrow
I sold some of my TW that was in profit.

Back
Top Bottom