City centre shop

Ox4Eva

Just wanted to go in there and lights are on but door is locked, women in the barbers said nobody had turned up.

Shambolic at what is a busy shopping period!

Maybe somebody was ill and, being a time when most businesses run on a reduced staffing level (or its a Slippery cost saving depending on your view), their replacement was on annual leave? I doubt there is a high staffing headcount possibly 2 or 3 at most?

Maybe somebody was ill and, being a time when most businesses run on a reduced staffing level (or its a Slippery cost saving depending on your view), their replacement was on annual leave? I doubt there is a high staffing headcount possibly 2 or 3 at most?

It's a business and one of our few revenue streams, it's why we continue to be a tin pot outfit!

It was very obviously closed for business on the afternoon of 22nd December (around 4 pm) .... lights OFF and no-one to be seen staffing it, 3 days before Xmas, 1 day before a home game!

Nobody turned up again today, had a hair cut next door and at least 3 families arrived trying to get in.

Women in barbers has now put a closed sign on the door as she was saying they had been turning people away all morning and she said one family earlier had travelled a long way especially to go to the shop!

Nobody turned up again today, had a hair cut next door and at least 3 families arrived trying to get in.

Women in barbers has now put a closed sign on the door as she was saying they had been turning people away all morning and she said one family earlier had travelled a long way especially to go to the shop!

You could try contacting our new MD to find out why the shop is closed, but as he is part time he also may or may not be working today.

OUFC did tweet earlier saying it was closed due to 'unforseen circumstances' obviously not everyone has twitter but i only saw it on the side of the screen on here

They have lost out on plenty of revenue, no way to run a business.

Barber shop said previously if the shop was not going to be opened that someone would call them so they knew but they have not been called over the last two days..

With respect to the circumstances. The club should have that shop open no matter the circumstances. Even more so in the holiday period and Oxford's city centre being rammed with people wanting to spend money

With respect to the circumstances. The club should have that shop open no matter the circumstances. Even more so in the holiday period and Oxford's city centre being rammed with people wanting to spend money

Correct mate, when you have families and kids who are the future of our club wanting to spend their Christmas money. What does this say about our club ?

What does this say about our club ?

That we are dropping to how we were 5+ years ago. I can see the shop shutting. It seems they rely on one person to open up. It was closed in the snow, but all other units were open.

You would think wouldn't you. Or send someone down from the clubs staff at the stadium. Just need someone managing it, it's not difficult.

I’m sure it’s an issue that our new part-time M.D. will address. He’ll be all over it on one of the days he comes in to work...

A lady in The barber shop told me that is was closed as no one turned up.

Can we not just ask the lady in the barber shop to look after it...? On second thoughts how about Pep run it and the lady from the barber shop manage the team??

Back
Top Bottom