• Going to someone elses (indoors)

Votes: 10 18.9%
  • Going to someone elses (outdoors)

Votes: 1 1.9%
  • Something else

Votes: 1 1.9%

• Total voters

carefreeoufc

Trying to kill off the last 14 mins of the working year so thought a poll was in order (I like polls). So with the govt seemingly happy with the current rules I was interested to know what people are planning on doing! I'm sure there's many other different adaptions to the above but these seemed the most standard/that I could be bothered to list.

Ours has changed in the last few days from seeing the old dear (who used to be in our bubble to look after my son) to her and the old man coming for a couple of hours in the garden around a fire pit with a couple of drinks at lunchtime on Christmas Day. The "mutation" of the virus and increased cases has left them feeling a bit more vulnerable than they had been so it seems like the safest/easiest option.

Other than there won't be a lot else going on for us other than the occasional garden visit over the next few weeks to neighbours/friends in town.

Working Christmas day then in-laws Boxing day but they've always been in our "bubble" because they help with childcare.

Happy to put everything off until its safe to meet up. The kids Christmas presents from others have either been sent directly to our house or we've bought them and money transfered through.

Although it will be hard missing some of the wider family, it's nice not having several commitments over the xmas/new year period and we can instead just chill with Mrs Egg and the little eggs.

Once schools have broken up tomorrow we are going to avoid ALL contact until Christmas day and then will visit the in laws if none of us are showing symptoms. We'll take their lead as to whether that's inside or outside.

Finished until Jan 4th. :) :)
Not at home this weekend, just me & Mrs EY (Mk2)
Home at Christmas, just me & Mrs EY (Mk2)
Not at home New Year, just me & Mrs EY (Mk2).

Facetime/Video calls with the family across the duration.

With both sets of parents now gone, it's just us this year. New house and chance to relax without the worry of the phone ringing. Brother and sister-in-law are coming to dinner one evening but have to be home to walk dogs and water the kids etc. Other brother is in Texas and won't be going anywhere, other than work - he looks after MRI scanners so will be busy as normal.
Plan on getting the turkey cooked and then getting fairly bladdered by early evening. Hopefully sober enough to drive to the footy on Boxing day!

Working Christmas day then in-laws Boxing day but they've always been in our "bubble" because they help with childcare.

Happy to put everything off until its safe to meet up. The kids Christmas presents from others have either been sent directly to our house or we've bought them and money transfered through.

Although it will be hard missing some of the wider family, it's nice not having several commitments over the xmas/new year period and we can instead just chill with Mrs Egg and the little eggs.
Are they old enough for a train set or Scaletrix? It's almost worth staying sober enough to set it all up!

Finished until Jan 4th. :) :)
Not at home this weekend, just me & Mrs EY (Mk2)
Home at Christmas, just me & Mrs EY (Mk2)
Not at home New Year, just me & Mrs EY (Mk2).

Facetime/Video calls with the family across the duration.
I’ll be at home with Mrs LW ( Mk2)
and my Golf Gti Clubsport (Mk 7.5) 😉

At 'home' Xmas eve & Xmas day, watching ifollow (probably- as allocated a ticket v n'ton- live in hope for a bit of luck though) boxing day afternoon. ..working boxing day night, playing a live dj broadcast

2 weeks off after tomorrow - loads of decorating to do - nut roast for xmas dinner

The plan was to redecorate at least one of the three rooms in our gaff...eldest daughter wanted to move upstairs to the bigger loft space, the missus then swaps over to a repainted office in her old bedroom, then youngest daughter is on with a new bed and colour scheme as well.

And then all the shops shut till mid-January! At least we can prepare by having a good sort out / donate / chuck out (assuming the tips are open, will have to check!).

As it is, I'll probably be working now. Got a big proposed order sent today, which is both unusual for anything between December 20th or so and the second week in January, and is also definitely not to be sniffed at given the current situation.

Dinner will be just the four of us and lasagne as each year (asked the family what they fancied about 10 years ago and they said lasagne, so that's become a sort of tradition). In-laws are shielding (MIL), are down with corona (FIL and wife) or isolating from the world (SIL and family). Haven't seen my folks for a year now.

We'll try and make the best of it!

Usual routine over the last couple of years has been going to brother in law for lunch, this year it's the going to be me and the boss at home, the junior version is doing a run of 4 nights ,finished 8.30 at Christmas day, will appear in Oxford sometime late afternoon, so it's a bit up in the air about mealtimes etc, the good thing is that her hospital are starting testing the staff , fingers crossed!!!!!

At 'home' Xmas eve & Xmas day, watching ifollow (probably- as allocated a ticket v n'ton- live in hope for a bit of luck though) boxing day afternoon. ..working boxing day night, playing a live dj broadcas .....it is the pantomime season (apparently)...never mind cinderella going to the ball.
Edit. Never mind Cinderella going to the ball, ....albeit its the pantomime season, aparrently, even though I went to the nton game, it seems im also going to the boxing day game too (guess that living in ,still in tier 2 from tommorrow, oxon has helped with ticket allocation?)

Have a bit of a quandary. A relative on the wife's side of the family lost his house a few weeks back. He has found a room in a hostel pending a council housing allocation but he (and the other residents) cannot stay in the property during the day and although he has a job, he is currently signed off sick, so has little to do other than visit other relatives (hers is quite a big family) or wander the streets. Being a good and kindly soul, the wife has said he can spend Xmas day with us as we have knocked on the head our original plan to spend the day at our daughters.

The dilemma is that his area has now moved to tier three and his intention is to visit his kids at his ex's in the morning and then drive to ours. Personally (and disregarding whether it is allowable under the guidance) I think that is a little too much mixing but you would be one pretty heartless bastard to condemn a family member to a Xmas day sat alone in a car when you have room for them at your table.

Last edited:
Have a bit of a quandary. A relative on the wife's side of the family lost his house a few weeks back. He has found a room in a hostel pending a council housing allocation but he (and the other residents) cannot stay in the property during the day and although he has a job, he is currently signed off sick, so has little to do other than visit other relatives (hers is quite a bit family) or wander the streets. Being a good and kindly soul, the wife has said he can spend Xmas day with us as we have knocked on the head our original plan to spend the day at our daughters.

The dilemma is that his area has now moved to tier three and his intention is to visit his kids at his ex's in the morning and then drive to ours. Personally (and disregarding whether it is allowable under the guidance) I think that is a little too much mixing but you would be one pretty heartless bastard to condemn a family member to a Xmas day sat alone in a car when you have room for them at your table.
I guess there comes a time when you have to say B*****s to the law and do what is right. How could anyone simply say, sorry pal, can't help as you are in tier 3. Especially when it's family.

Crack on mate. Give the poor sod a really good day, lift his spirits and give him the assurance that the world is not a s**t heap waiting to slap him down.

I guess there comes a time when you have to say B*****s to the law and do what is right. How could anyone simply say, sorry pal, can't help as you are in tier 3. Especially when it's family.

Crack on mate. Give the poor sod a really good day, lift his spirits and give him the assurance that the world is not a s**t heap waiting to slap him down.
I agree with one caveat. He needs to ensure he is scrupulous in terms of hands face space. He doesn't need to become a superspreader on top of everything else on his plate.

Jesus what a conundrum.

Just Mrs PY and myself, the MIL( who is in our support bubble) and 1 son for xmas day. then popping round a mates in the evening for port and cheese. He wont be seeing anyone else as his ex is in Middlesbourgh and his son is in Dubai.

My son and his gf are coming over tonight (before we move into Tier 3 tomorrow) for a brief, outside, socially distanced pre Christmas 'hello'. On either Christmas Eve or Boxing Day we are going to pop over to our daughter's for a brief, socially distanced, outdoor visit. Apart from that, just me and Mrs ZtH knee deep in nut roast and ginger wine.

Have a bit of a quandary. A relative on the wife's side of the family lost his house a few weeks back. He has found a room in a hostel pending a council housing allocation but he (and the other residents) cannot stay in the property during the day and although he has a job, he is currently signed off sick, so has little to do other than visit other relatives (hers is quite a big family) or wander the streets. Being a good and kindly soul, the wife has said he can spend Xmas day with us as we have knocked on the head our original plan to spend the day at our daughters.

There are some situations where you have to do what is right.
As @QR advised, be fastidious with hygiene and keep the space as best you can.
I hope life pans out better for him.

• React
Reactions: QR
My son and his gf are coming over tonight (before we move into Tier 3 tomorrow) for a brief, outside, socially distanced pre Christmas 'hello'. On either Christmas Eve or Boxing Day we are going to pop over to our daughter's for a brief, socially distanced, outdoor visit. Apart from that, just me and Mrs ZtH knee deep in nut roast and ginger wine.

When is the DVD out? :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Back
Top Bottom