Manager/Coach Chrissy A

Class bloke is CA.

Did so much behind the scenes before the club fully invested in the youth side of things.

As mentioned, he built a really good internal discipline with the young lads spreading all the way through the system.

Results of that are shining through now, especially with the lads who came from outside Oxfordshire.

Just hope the club look after him moving forward and as mentioned the fans get to give him a proper thank you.

Al the best Chrissy.

Always remember that cover of Raging Bull the week he went to Forest - "Chrissy Allen's meteoric rise - from the Football Combination to the Pontins League!". Ask your parents if you don't get the joke.
I met Chrissy, DE and Dave Jones at an evening match at Millwall a few years back and also thought then that he would be OUFC manager one day, maybe he still will. But I remember that he worked at Peers School in Littlemore after he retired (it's not called that now I'm sure) so maybe he will go back in to that line of work. Wishing him all the best anyway. A yellows legend.

Thanks for evrything you have done for the club. All the best for the future Chris. Don't be a stranger.

Always felt that Chris was a major cog behind the scenes during MApp’s era e.g. had that rapport/respect between management and the players.

All the best Chris.

Understandable if not disappointing news.

Came across as a great coach who really helped instill something in the Academy along with the great work by Dan Harris etc. Was clearly highly thought of and has played a major role in producing some of the great talent we're seeing come through now. Brilliant servant to the club as player and coach, hopefully the door isnt closed to a return one day.

Have to wish him all the best at a difficult time for him.
Hopefully in the fullness of time he will return to a key managerial role at the club he holds so close to his heart

Sad to see Chrissy leave the club, hope to see him back here one day.

Used to love how excited the crowd got when Chrissy got the ball out wide, and set off at speed to skin the full back, great days!

Thanks for the memories Chrissy, good luck mate!

My first ever game
1d37452a31e7320bb457d0b72823be23.jpg

My first ever game
1d37452a31e7320bb457d0b72823be23.jpg

We were in the side away section for this game and was highly entertaining as we managed to wind up Steve Staunton and Earl Barrett without insulting them or swearing at them. We kept asking them how they were as both feigned injury early in each half. We also suggested they should be beating our players easily as they weren't very good which Fordy found amusing as did Nick Cusack. Both at different times told us "to f**k off" which made us and the couple of nearby stewards laugh at them.

Used to love how excited the crowd got when Chrissy got the ball out wide, and set off at speed to skin the full back, great days!
Half the time he ran the ball straight out of play for a throw in, but when he didn’t? A thing of beauty! ?

Top man, Chrissy. I was working at the club when he first came back ten years ago and he was a genuinely lovely bloke from the moment he started. Really friendly and had time for everyone. When Appleton took over his stock really seemed to rise and it looked likely that he would eventually be a serious candidate for the top job (especially when MA left in the summer of 2017), but over the last couple of years he seemed to be bumped down the ranks and we barely heard a peep from or about him. A real shame as I think he had more to offer than that, and working under Appleton during a very successful period would have given him some valuable experience and insight that is never without its uses. I hope he continues in the game in some capacity moving forward, but more importantly that he and his family stay safe and well in the meantime. Some things are simply more important.

As an aside: I remember one day Chris Williams was sitting on the floor of the main office for some reason (it was always best not to ask when he was doing odd things), with one leg sticking out across the floor. CA walked into the room and stepped over him, and quick as a flash CW went, “That’s the first time in his life he’s seen an outstretched leg and not gone over it.” Couldn’t stop laughing - I had to go for a walk to try and calm down. And to look for a clean pair of pants.

Back
Top Bottom