Chris Williams programme notes - Midday opening

Tiger could still be our best bet, I know it seems unlikely. If Oxford United find a new home the council could let fk build houses on present ground.

So the noon thing was known to the club I time for the printers deadline so plenty of time to make a phone call to the Ultras. Did the club not contact the Ultras and tell them or did the Ultras not communicate internally? Whatever it is added to not announcing the minutes clapping for Gordon Banks and the team's performance, it's all made for a pretty s**t day

The way I understand it, it’s always been 12pm, but Ultras have been allowed previously to put up their flags at 10.30am. However, on Saturday they weren’t.

And to be honest, I would think contacting the Ultras is one of the last things on their list of stuff to do with only 3hrs to do it in.

Any idea why they didn’t announce the Gordon Banks minutes clapping, several people near me were asking what’s it for

To be honest I think the ref messed up by blowing the whistle straight away rather than allowing the announcer to announce the reason.

So I put a post on about supporting the club as the real source of frustration should be Kassam - a couple of posts later it's back to supposedly amusing one liners and whinging about not letting the fans know about opening time and minutes hand clap (which was in the programme).

People have moaned about Merry, Lennigan, Eales and now Tiger. The point you're missing they have all had one hand tied behind their back (granted the first two managed to tie it themselves); we have the same routine - new team comes in - we'll get a relationship with Kassam, he's a reasonable man, we're giving him some leeway, no we're not talking to him, the relationship has broken down, we're in dispute, they leave - new team comes in. Everytime we go back to square one (except it's a clock starting at 12 moving around and coming back to 12 again).

Sorry but I really am fed up with all this bickering and not realising that the staff you are complaining, moaning about are workers the same as most of us who are probably quite down with the constant negative restrictions being placed on them - how would you feel in their situation. So let's get the club and supporters united against the common issue - Kassam.
Yes, no-one (hopefully) is disputing FK is an evil businessman. But the Merry/Lenagan/Smith combo walked in to signing a legal agreement for use of the stadium that was absolutely bonkers (and any lawyer worth his salt would have said was unduly restrictive), there is every reason to moan at them for this. It is the reason we are still coming up against this mess now. Why, apart from some weird and shortsighted cost saving would you not insist on (and potentially pay for) access to the stadium all of a match day instead of only from midday. They have given him the bullets with which to shoot the club.

The way I understand it, it’s always been 12pm, but Ultras have been allowed previously to put up their flags at 10.30am. However, on Saturday they weren’t.

And to be honest, I would think contacting the Ultras is one of the last things on their list of stuff to do with only 3hrs to do it in.
[/QUOTE
Did this just happen at 10.30 out of the blue then, for both the Ultras and the Peterborough kit man. Whoever's fault we are becoming a laughing stock. The subtleties of the Kassam situation will be lost on opposition teams, OUFC are reflecting in all this glory. Anyway the Ultras are the past now RIP

Back
Top Bottom