Chris Maguire

BigAlan

So Mr money man who decided he wanted to go to Bury for the dosh not only can’t get into the team but there bottom of the league, he might be offloaded if his wages are a little high, would we want him back?.

Last edited:
He seemed like he wanted to come back here and not only performed fantastically for us while he was here but was very gracious when he scored against us earlier in the season

Seems very strange to have a go at him, even if he had chosen them/more money over us, which may or may not be the case. Grow up

Not having a go but you have to agree he went for the money, he was offered a deal here and he said so himself but still went where the bucks were bigger.

And yes I would have him back straight away.

Not having a go but you have to agree he went for the money, he was offered a deal here and he said so himself but still went where the bucks were bigger.

And yes I would have him back straight away.

He is also closer to his family.

Last edited:
Said so himself according to the Oxford Mail, even paid for his own air fare down.

So if he paid for his own air fare that would suggest he wanted to be here, maybe more than the club wanted him as they thought they’d be getting Connor Macaleny....

It’s not always the players who are to blame.

Would have him back in a flash. For all the rebuilding work going on (for which Pep should be given time and credit for), there isn't that touch of X-factor or flair that a player like Maguire brings anywhere in the team. He may have been the decisive man in a game like today, for example.

I actually think he said he had to pay his own flight fare down from Scotland to discuss a deal and the tone was he was wanting to sign but got fed up with the stance the club took!

I actually liked him even though he is a tim ?

I actually think he said he had to pay his own flight fare down from Scotland to discuss a deal and the tone was he was wanting to sign but got fed up with the stance the club took!

I actually liked him even though he is a tim ?

This is more what I thought had happened.

And to be fair, if he was offered silly money by Bury, you can’t blame him for taking it.

Loved his charisma especially against the Scum. Who do you drop or release to fit him in?

Him and Skarz very respectful of the fans when we played them. Don’t think he would want to come back, but I’d not question his attitude.

Neither Skarz or Conor seem to be regular or seem injured. Edwards is a steady addition for them but not stopping defeats. I'm not sure we'll ever know the truth with Mags given past experience with Mapp. I think we just have to let go some times.

I really like where I work but if someone offered me a lot more money for doing the same thing I can't imagine my current employer would be too cut up about it

If he’s unhappy there and, god forbid, JP gets recalled then I wouldn’t be gobsmacked if we got in touch. Personally I’d have him back in a shot. His personality is just what this team needs. He’d add a bit more swagger and self-belief

Watching Maguire against us at Gigg Lane really hit it home to me what a decent player he was for us. I'd have him back in a heartbeat. Other than Ledson I don't see that sort of tenacity in any of the players in our team.

We Probably couldn’t afford his wages.
Bury are a good example of that having a big budget doesn’t always guarantee success and it can all go wrong.

Back
Top Bottom