Chris Maguire

Mellowyellow

Is now the time for the club to try to bring Chris Maguire back to the club?
Would he a like for like replacement? For someone who can’t seem to get in the team of a relegation haunted club, he may be interested.
He would give the front line guts and determination, and be more direct that the current tippy tappy nonsense we’re currently being served up.

Disagree I would like him back, but seeing as Bury sacked there manager today I guess nothing will happen in or out of the club.

His “shithousery” as someone stated before is a great asset to the team.

It would be great to see him back. He was a real talent and that ability to shield the ball while running across the 18 yard box until a defender just got a little too close and fouled him resulting in a free kick which he usually took himself. One on one with the keeper there was only one outcome. He truly pissed off the Swindon fans after the last game there with his finger gestures. I think we miss this bit of character and spice in the game which Maguire did bring. I think he would compliment our team well.

Thread closed, there is a thread on this subject.

I wonder if he will get the same reaction as when he played here with bury, would he not like to keep his new legends of fans happy over us, personally I thought it was cringey chanting an opposing players name while he played a blinder against us, I appreciate his time here and enjoyed it but he took the money and my affiliation with him left when he did.

I wonder if he will get the same reaction as when he played here with bury, would he not like to keep his new legends of fans happy over us, personally I thought it was cringey chanting an opposing players name while he played a blinder against us, I appreciate his time here and enjoyed it but he took the money and my affiliation with him left when he did.
Yes it was embarrassing.

I agree. Returning players who I thought did well for us will get a polite but perfunctory clap from me at the start of the game - the idea of chanting the name of a player on the opposing team is just odd. And sad.

Back
Top Bottom