Chris Cadden

Cadden has only played six games for Columbus this season, mostly from the bench. They end their regular season in a month's time. Could we go in for him again, even just on loan? Columbus Crew are top of the Eastern Conference and going well, but he's obviously not their first choice.

Cadden has only played six games for Columbus this season, mostly from the bench. They end their regular season in a month's time. Could we go in for him again, even just on loan? Columbus Crew are top of the Eastern Conference and going well, but he's obviously not their first choice.

Doesn't seem a good move for him yet, certainly.

A cousin of my wife, who kept in touch with him when he went over to the states, says he is not particularly happy, and initially struggled to settle over there. I can't verify that, but I thought it was interesting to hear.

Does seem to love the lifestyle out there though. Wonder at what point football comes first.

Does seem to love the lifestyle out there though. Wonder at what point football comes first.

He's got to know more people out there as time as gone on, accepts in a top team he wasn't going to be first choice, but footballing wise not quite what he expected.

Shame. He would have added a lot to our squad.

He wasn’t priority though and we know that a replacement for Cooper and a CB to replace the ailing Mous are higher in importance so we move on to those targets.

He couldn’t be bothered to join us when we enquired he came on loan signed for a bloody crap Yankee team I believe less than double figures motel they’ve got rid maybe that shows Cadden up for what he is good for. Yes he was good for us crap for the handle maybe he’s homesick and he’s now at Hibs. All these so called posters saying we need Cadden when we have an adequate RB in Sam Long. So now let’s see if we do bring anyone in.

His girlfriend and family are back in Scotland, Hibs are in a good position in the league and he has grown up with a number of the players there.

A good player, and one I'm sure we were looking at, but it was always going to be a tough ask.

I don't think money or agents had as much to do with the final decision as being home and the chance of European football.

I’m less gutted about missing out on him than I am Gavin Whyte, as, for me, Whyte goes straight into our team on Saturday, Cadden doesn’t.

Let’s be honest this isn’t the first time we’ve missed out on Cadden permanently

Aug 2017 bid rejected from Motherwell when we sold Marvin Johnson

May/June/July 2019 on going for months whether he’d be was signing for us but chose a permanent move to Columbus

January 2021 no doubt we could of been interested but wanted to move back to Scotland

Time to move on

Last edited:
He was on loan with us for half a season a year ago, I think moving on from not signing him should be fairly easy.

Because most fans (quite understandably) don’t have a clue about players we could sign due to the lack of media coverage of lower level professional football anyone who plays for us is thrown out as must have signings, even though most of them were greeted with “who the hell is he” when they signed.

Loads of players who we could sign, that’s why we employ professional managers/coach’s/scouts who actually have knowledge of players who are capable of playing at league one, I enjoy the new faces who you know nothing about coming in.

The Reverend John Scott-Tucker and Doctor Robert Hitchings would still be playing for us if some on here had their way.

That’s a good idea , the Rev could summon divine intervention and the Dr could do all the covid-19 stuff

Back
Top Bottom