Chris Cadden

I am sure that the reason that he is back is that he had no other acceptable offers up North.
I still wouldn't be amazed if he left (if an offer does turn up) even if on loan.
I’ll have my fingers crossed he does

I can assure you my breathing is fine and am not sure why you've taken that tone - it was a genuine enquiry!
I'm not sure that 'finding someone else to go up top' is quite as easy as all that in January and come hell or high water we will sign a proper striker or two before the season starts - so why try to convert a well performing right winger into a striker?

Sorry, wasn’t meant to be a ‘tone’ (you sound like my girlfriend ?) it was just the rapid questions in your post sounded a bit panicky. Why try it? He ripped apart the opposition defence in that game in which he scored a hattrick, and he’d be more useful/valuable/unique to us as a performing striker - so why not try it?

You do have to wonder what Cadden makes of it all. I expect he is on a damn good wedge but let’s not forget that he lost his way a little last season after showing some promise. With the prospect of him maybe playing for 3 clubs this coming season I wonder if we might not be the ones who benefit most from his tenure here.

Couldn’t tell you why it’s not been announced yet but he’s been with the club since Rangers.

It’s a 12 month with a break as it’s more palatable to the masses but I’ve been told there is an agreement in place that he will join an alternative English side on loan in January.

The whole deal, including Colorado is to do with finance and limiting the outlay of all three parties - Colorado, us and the other English team. If Cadden joined the other English side now, they would have to pay hundreds of thousands of pounds to secure him. Instead, by signing him in January the outlay is halved.
Cant see this being right at all.
1,So he is signing for the MLS side to save an English club around 100 to 200 thousands pounds,when he moves to that club in January.?
2,Whats in this for the MLS side?
3,Why are we invovled?why not go on loan straight to the other English club then transfer in January?that way hes already intergrated into that club.
4,Is this actually allowed to happen anyway?why wouldnt more clubs do this to save money?

What I think could be happening is that we agreed with Motherwell the fee,the player has said that that an MLS side is interested so he wants to keep his options open.Robinson then says train with us to have a pre season and if the MLS side doesnt offer you anything join us.This could be why nothing has been announced yet and also what Robinson meant by "some need convincing".We did similar when Graham joined,he trained with us before he could play.

Sorry, wasn’t meant to be a ‘tone’ (you sound like my girlfriend ?) it was just the rapid questions in your post sounded a bit panicky. Why try it? He ripped apart the opposition defence in that game in which he scored a hattrick, and he’d be more useful/valuable/unique to us as a performing striker - so why not try it?
Away from home on the break perhaps his pace would be an assist up top but he is a extremely talented winger...up front on his own to a team sitting deep would get little change

You do have to wonder what Cadden makes of it all. I expect he is on a damn good wedge but let’s not forget that he lost his way a little last season after showing some promise. With the prospect of him maybe playing for 3 clubs this coming season I wonder if we might not be the ones who benefit most from his tenure here.
Can only play for 2 in a season

I'm unsure, Whyte is one of our best performers and I expect him to rip the league up this season....but as a right winger . As a forward a big gamble I think as he may be ineffective and a real waste...hope I'm wrong though
He would be fine to play in a counter attacking style if we needed to.

Cant see this being right at all.
1,So he is signing for the MLS side to save an English club around 100 to 200 thousands pounds,when he moves to that club in January.?
2,Whats in this for the MLS side?
3,Why are we invovled?why not go on loan straight to the other English club then transfer in January?that way hes already intergrated into that club.
4,Is this actually allowed to happen anyway?why wouldnt more clubs do this to save money?

What I think could be happening is that we agreed with Motherwell the fee,the player has said that that an MLS side is interested so he wants to keep his options open.Robinson then says train with us to have a pre season and if the MLS side doesnt offer you anything join us.This could be why nothing has been announced yet and also what Robinson meant by "some need convincing".We did similar when Graham joined,he trained with us before he could play.

Clearly if what we are led to believe from ECY, then it's a case for Hercule Poirot to sort out, but EC does have a history of getting details right....Fosu.....Sinclair.

McMahon and Long will be our right backs this season. Apparently McMahon has been given number 2 with Long number 12 if that has any bearing on who's likely to be first choice.
Long already had 12, before McMahon rejoined the squad.

The point about Whyte moving into the striking role isn't so much how good (or not) he is playing there...its more an admission that we can't get anyone better in to play there.

It seems like an unnecessarily desperate move, when I am sure there must be better deals out there for the club...shirley.

If Cadden played for 2 teams on loan and then moved to play in the US , would he break the FIFA rules with players playing for more than a certain number of clubs in a period of time? Would he have to sit out some/all of the US season as a consequence. Seems a bit fanciful for me!

If Cadden played for 2 teams on loan and then moved to play in the US , would he break the FIFA rules with players playing for more than a certain number of clubs in a period of time? Would he have to sit out some/all of the US season as a consequence. Seems a bit fanciful for me!

He won’t play in the MLS between Aug 19 -May 20.

He won’t play in the MLS between Aug 19 -May 20.
You said that we would have a season long loan with an opt out in January. Is it accepted by the club that he'll be off somewhere else or just the impression you get from the player? I guess a good first half might give us the chance to keep him all season if nothing's written in stone?

You said that we would have a season long loan with an opt out in January. Is it accepted by the club that he'll be off somewhere else or just the impression you get from the player? I guess a good first half might give us the chance to keep him all season if nothing's written in stone?

As far as I’m aware, no contract has been signed with the other English club (not sure that would be legal?) but an agreement is in place between all parties that he will not be with us after January 31st.

As far as I’m aware, no contract has been signed with the other English club (not sure that would be legal?) but an agreement is in place between all parties that he will not be with us after January 31st.
And all this to save 100 to 200 thousand pounds?

So with all the confident responses to him signing, it begs the question though, Where? As he hasn’t been announced as being here.

Back
Top Bottom