Chris Cadden

I agree I don't think he's going and Motherwell are being screwed
I hope not.
If they are in hope that we are not involved.
Of course it could simply be that the Columbus deal was arranged as reported but we/ he have played so well that both parties have decided that they want to try and get him to stay.
Indeed we are claimed to have offered what £400k for Cadden. Isnt this MORE than we would have paid Motherwell? On that basis a bit of a strange conspiracy theory?

Nice of him to have a poor game today to help us forget him a bit quicker. A certainly irony to the fact that had Sam Long been playing today I suspect with his defence capabilities we might not have conceded that goal today, where Cadden seemed to get caught out.

Overall he’s made a great contribution over the half of a season. Definitely a worthwhile loan to have had. Now we move on!

I think Cadden has actually got less effective as the season went on. His crossing has certainly suffered.

But there's no doubt that he added an element to the right side of the attack and gave us an outlet. If Long gets his chance at RB (and I hope he does) then Robinson might well need to find a more conventional right winger/wide player to replicate the threat. It will be very interesting to see what happens.

Best wishes to Cadden though, he was undoubtedly a plus - hope he does well in the rest of his career.

Been great and all that but you sometimes wonder whether it’s all worth it. It was always going to be for half a season and then he would leave which then leaves a big hole in our team which will need filling. Nothing against Long but he is no Cadden. Interesting to see if we spend big money for an attacking right back.

Been great and all that but you sometimes wonder whether it’s all worth it. It was always going to be for half a season and then he would leave which then leaves a big hole in our team which will need filling.
That's always the problem with loans especially those where the parent club has initially stated the player *will* be returning to them in January (as in this case).
But I think it *has* been worth it - our league position says so, and he definitely made a contribution to getting us where we are. You would hope and expect that the club, knowing this was a likely scenario, have already identified and lined up suitable right back cover/replacement...

This was what I was afraid of all along, and voiced my concerns when the deal was done, as we’ve now lost a absolutely key player halfway through the season, and now need to replace him, or at least find suitable cover for Sam Long.

However, that said, Cadden has been absolutely immense for us, and played a big part in some of the best football we’ve seen at our club in years, and I for one, thank him for his service and professionalism, and wish him all the best for the future.

Maybe our paths will cross again one day, hopefully!

Pretty scathing words from KR about the agent's influence.

He was good for us but we move on. Thanks for your efforts Cadds and good luck for the rest of your career.

Hopefully we copy the Baldock situation and get as good a replacement as Jonjoe Kenny was. At least this has been clear that it was happening early so the club isn't surprised. I would love a permanent quality replacement but if it is a quality loan then fine and we can look again in the summer.

Oussama Zamouri also (unsurprisingly) gone.

Clearly currently not good enough but from the brief moments I saw him (u23s and Abomination Trophy) it wasn't a lack of effort. A small wage (at a guess) that can go elsewhere. Good luck to him for the future.

I must say, after so many years struggling to find a quality permanent right back, I feel it's time to secure that position once and for all.

Ruffels was a rough diamond at left back for while, but you could see his potential, and he was given time to fully learn the role, and now he's probably the best left back in the league.

I think Sam Long deserves the same opportunity at right back, he's solid as a rock defensively, and seems to be getting better and better attacking wise with every game, and I don't think I've seen him have a bad game yet, and feel he deserves the chance to learn the role fully, and make the position his own.

Suitable cover would still be needed though, and it's gonna be an interesting window thats for sure!

My new conspiracy theory is that Cadds was bought in purely to push Long to be a better RB and now the job is done so he's off.

In all seriousness, let's get in a RW/RM to play ahead of Long and do the bit that Cadds was good at (albeit, with not always great end product...) and bring in junior cover for Long at RB. Give one of our own a propper run.

My new conspiracy theory is that Cadds was bought in purely to push Long to be a better RB and now the job is done so he's off.

In all seriousness, let's get in a RW/RM to play ahead of Long and do the bit that Cadds was good at (albeit, with not always great end product...) and bring in junior cover for Long at RB. Give one of our own a propper run.
I think the next RB will be able cross the ball better.

Back
Top Bottom