Chris Cadden

Yes but rusty by not playing for half a season is hardly the type of player we would look to sign....we have money and a good rep for younger players .....will go for quality rather than players needing a month or two to get 'match fit '

I see what you’re saying but if we got him or someone similar on a free as back up to Long they’d have time to get match fit... then we could blow the budget on a really pacy top young right winger and everyone’s happy!

I see what you’re saying but if we got him or someone similar on a free as back up to Long they’d have time to get match fit... then we could blow the budget on a really pacy top young right winger and everyone’s happy!

Isn't he a free agent? So what's stopping us either A. signing him now so we can get him match fit ready for when Cadden leaves or B. Get him to train with us until we can sign him on in January.

As for Long i still think he can do a job there, if we had a pacy winger on the right. We wouldn't necessarily need an overlapping defender like Cadden.

Yesterday was interesting in the crowd on this topic. Two people, independent of each other believed Cadden was a done deal, another said we had made a token offer for him, to be seen to have made some sort of move but knowing we would always be miles apart from what Crew really wanted.
What would the point of the club doing that?
To appear ambitious, like when Eales claimed we’d bid for Kieffer Moore the other year when he wanted to convince people he was still interested in owning and running the club while he waited for the sale to go through. It means you’re not technically lying when you say you bid for this, that or the other. Technically Eales DID bid for Moore, but it was an offer he knew wouldn’t be accepted nor would the player want to come. But he was able to say he had done it and it not be a lie. Clubs do it all the time.

However, I don’t think that’s the case here. I’m merely saying that’s why clubs DO occasionally do such things.

• React
Reactions: MJB
If he goes as an understudy that is a little odd.
It sounds like Baldock at MK ?

Interesting to hear on radox just now that Cadden could personally decide to stay for the rest of the season regardless of what Columbus Crew want. This tweet from crew on boxing day could be read two ways...
I really don't think he can 'just decide to stay'. He has signed a contract. He may want to stay, he may tell CC that he wants to see the season out with us, but if they say 'no' then he is on the plane.

What I don't get is why Columbus Crew would want to have a player (if we can believe internet gossip) that may not be committed to play for them.

Sure they will want as much cash as they can get, but at some point you need to be pragmatic and realise that our £ is better than paying a player who may prefer to find some "flexibility" over his proposed move.

Now that's not to say the Cadden will be anything other than professional if he were to go, but if I were his coach, it would be a worry.......

Would be delighted if he stayed. Certainly he’s Championship level if not lower Prem for what I’ve seen this season.

Bit tinfoil hats, but I'm convinced this is all part of a ruse and Cadden always was due to stay, perhaps permanantly. I shall of course remove the tinfoil if he ships off to Columbus this week.
I agree I don't think he's going and Motherwell are being screwed

I, too, think there’s something underhand going on. Wasn’t Lincoln effectively his last home game ? I’d have thought there’d have been a bit of a fanfare to recognise his significant contribution. Because we were hanging on a bit I can see the reluctance to haul him off to a standing ovation but I’d have thought a bit of fuss would have been made either pre or post match.

I’d love to keep him because that would definitely be a position we wouldn't have to address should we get promoted.

Bit tinfoil hats, but I'm convinced this is all part of a ruse and Cadden always was due to stay, perhaps permanantly. I shall of course remove the tinfoil if he ships off to Columbus this week.
I have always stood firm in my belief that Thohir orchestrated this deal as a parting gift, before entering into politics.

He knows how the MLS transfer system/rules work and it wouldnt have taken much work to call in a favour, from one of his former/current associates involved with owning a club like Colombus. I think we have some pretty business savvy people involved at board level and when coupled with their associates or advisors - as they call them, their collective business acumen makes me think that this is easily done.

Why isnt Cadden playing? Their season doesnt start yet and a minor knock wont matter as he wont have to pass a medical. But, he would for us...

Mm8vJ66uSUaGbXNeq6Uv_FB.0.1534626845.jpg

Last edited:
MSL starts 29th February 2020. Bearing in mind that Chris Cadden is already match fit, there wouldn't be the usual rush to get him in for a full pre-season. It is possible that he could play into January if agreed between the 2 clubs. I would assume that the club will make an announcement prior to his final game to give him a decent send off, especially if we are hoping to bring him back at some time in the future.

Back
Top Bottom