Chris Cadden

probably more than yourself scotch egg as I’m guessing you don’t work the amount of time your on this forum, preaching how much you know about the ins and outs of our great club. Long is okay but no where near as good a player as Cadden it’s that simple. Please feel free to prove me wrong.

I think the point most are trying to make is that Long is a decent enough RB, however his attributes are different to that of Cadden.

The obvious worry is the RB/RW has been so productive creatively and with goals. Both Cadden and Henry create along with being a goal threat - take Cadden out and it (would seemingly) impact Henry and the team.

IMO we should bring in another attacking RB - unless Long has undergone a style change

What? Prove I have a job? Prove that I go to games? Prove that I know the ins and outs of our great club? Or prove that Sam Long is more than good enough? And what evidence do you need?!

I don’t have time to argue online with so called men with tiny minds, you guessed wrong I go near enough every week. Again long is no Cadden so we will have to get a replacement, a wing back who gets up and down and who can cross the ball.

I'm torn, long has played extremely well and I think deserves his chance , he has joined the attack well and also chips in with goals. .would still need cover rb/lb though . If we do spend the money on a fast right winger then Henry can move inside and Long would be fine...decisions decisions for Robbo this Jan !

I don’t have time to argue online with so called men with tiny minds, you guessed wrong I go near enough every week. Again long is no Cadden so we will have to get a replacement, a wing back who gets up and down and who can cross the ball.
You're finding the time! And if you go every week you would have seen a number of very good performances from Long. So maybe you just don't understand football?

Be interesting to know what bid we actually put in for Cadden to Colombus, Robbo said it would of broke his transfer fee for a player while he has been manager. If the money was there for Cadden it should be available to bid for a replacement, I don't know who could replace him but surely there a similar style player either doing well in league 2 or not getting enough game time in the championship. No disrespect to Cadden he will be missed but one player does not make the team, if he is the only player that leaves in January we would have done well this transfer window.

You can probably argue that Long should be given the RB slot after Cadden goes, but you can't argue that negates the need for another right back. We need a squad, full back is thin enough with Ruffels the only senior left back, and no matter how well Longy's played, he doesn't have the same attacking impact that Cads does. Whatever happens, we have to sign an attacking right back in January.

You can probably argue that Long should be given the RB slot after Cadden goes, but you can't argue that negates the need for another right back. We need a squad, full back is thin enough with Ruffels the only senior left back, and no matter how well Longy's played, he doesn't have the same attacking impact that Cads does. Whatever happens, we have to sign an attacking right back in January.
Gunter at Reading can play in both full back positions, he would be a good fit although go with Long and spend on a fast right winger? Still would need cover at full back though

Gunter at Reading can play in both full back positions, he would be a good fit although go with Long and spend on a fast right winger? Still would need cover at full back though

Would prefer an attacking full back, that's where the game is going really. Let's get another loan in, say a hungry player from a PL U23 squad, so that we don't have to change our system too much.

Here’s a teaser.

Does the fact that Cadden didn’t play for Motherwell before us this season open us up to the potential that we could be gazumped by a club offering (much) more..?

Clearly not if Columbus intend to play him, but if a Sunderland came a-knocking in January with double...?

I hope our Chris would tell them where to go and he’s not exactly powerless in this matter, but nonetheless Crew hold the aces.

Here’s a teaser.

Does the fact that Cadden didn’t play for Motherwell before us this season open us up to the potential that we could be gazumped by a club offering (much) more..?

Clearly not if Columbus intend to play him, but if a Sunderland came a-knocking in January with double...?

I hope our Chris would tell them where to go and he’s not exactly powerless in this matter, but nonetheless Crew hold the aces.

That thought had crossed my mind.

I think it was right to get our ‘final’ offer in early, that way we know where we stand with a month to go before January and can plan accordingly.

It’s always possible that Sunderland may be looking at us with envious eyes and will put in a bid for Cadden, we have to see that as a compliment to our recruitment and coaching. After all they have just been loaned 10 million from the Yanks. Difficult for us to compete with that. We’ll just have to continue with good recruitment and investment in the youngsters rather than trying to buy our way out of the division.

Wouldn’t most players available on a free transfer not have played since being released by their clubs? ?

I like Long too but surely we need more than one right back at the club?
Yes but rusty by not playing for half a season is hardly the type of player we would look to sign....we have money and a good rep for younger players .....will go for quality rather than players needing a month or two to get 'match fit '

That thought had crossed my mind.

I think it was right to get our ‘final’ offer in early, that way we know where we stand with a month to go before January and can plan accordingly.

It’s always possible that Sunderland may be looking at us with envious eyes and will put in a bid for Cadden, we have to see that as a compliment to our recruitment and coaching. After all they have just been loaned 10 million from the Yanks. Difficult for us to compete with that. We’ll just have to continue with good recruitment and investment in the youngsters rather than trying to buy our way out of the division.

They can outbid us all they like (going by there forum its unlikely though as they reckon the board had to take the loan out just to keep the club going). Cadden will not solve there problems, I watched there match against Burton in the week and the RB position didnt seem to be a real issue. Their main faults are the midfield and link up to the strikers, even Taylor wouldn't score in that side.

Back
Top Bottom