Transfer News Ched Evans

I can hear it now: "We were in for Evans, but the board decided that due to the supporters' feelings on the matter we have ended our interest. We will now start looking elsewhere and we expect to have some further news within 48 hours. Or a week. Well, before the season anyway, unless we have to wait until the end of the transfer window..."

Quite possibly, ready made excuses as to why the 48 hour comment will be pulled out of the closet again soon. "48 Gate."

We are one of a lot of clubs in for him. There is a very high probability we will be outbid.

You are guessing what happened, because you clearly think he is guilty despite being found not guilty - but not once have you said what evidence you are basing this on, apart from several factually incorrect claims.

None of us know truly know what happened on that night, all we can look at is the evidence that we’ve seen, and the fact that the latest jury, given all the evidence, found him not guilty.

Also, saying your moral compass is different to mine (read: better) smacks of pompousness to be honest. Can you elaborate and specify how, and why we are different? Or will you just reply on trite soundbites as you have all thread? I think what he did was morally wrong, because he had a partner. I also find creeping into a hotel room to sleep with some girl your friend pulled while your mates try and film it from the window grotty and disgusting. But I don’t think a crime was committed - and the law of the land agrees with me. You don’t, but can’t articulate why.

You are the most confused person I think I’ve encountered in a very long time. One moment you say there is nothing to suggest that she didn’t consent and then, in the next breath, you quote a statement from the prosecutor where they alleged she couldn’t have consented as she was very drunk.

You then conjure up wild speculation about the circumstances that night, without any evidence that actually occurred whatsoever.

You ignore the fact witnesses were paid to come forward for Evans defence. Maybe there was nothing in that, it’s possible they were only motivated by the financial reward. What if the prosecution had done the same to acquire witnesses against Evans past exploits?

Yes he was found not guilty on the last occasion, nobody is denying that. He was however found guilty on the first occasion, which you choose to ignore. There are plenty of unanswered questions here which make this case feel far from black and white and it’s very different to the honey trap situations you sometimes hear about.

You are of course entitled to form whatever opinion you choose to, as am I. You can’t seem to accept someone has a different opinion to your own and frankly that’s your problem not mine. And yes, I will take the moral high ground for my stance against a cockroach like Evans.

"I’m glad it got the reaction I had hoped" ???? That does not make any sense at all. The guy is a good contributor to the forum, and you simply want to goad him it seems, crazy.

If you're a tub thumping anti Ched Evans person, then why not act adult and provide an alternative view, rather than sounding like you have conquered Everest, with, "I'm glad it got the reaction it did."

I think a padded cell and the NHS forum, rather than this forum is more appropriate for you.

We're all Oxford fans with different views, why try to respond as a pig hill fan might.
This started with someone asking whether fans wanted Evans to sign. I responded to say no thanks and then a few people, who nearly always want to force their opinion on others on this forum, decided to pile in, starting with your mate from Didcot.

If you actually took the time to read the posts you will see I’ve sent several stating why I have the opinion I have. You may not agree, but I’m not looking for your approval. In fact I don’t give a damn what your view is on almost anything you say based on most of your posts I’ve read.

Everyone on this forum has the right to express their own opinion. Not just a select few like you for instance. If they choose to do it in response to someone else’s earlier post, don’t be too surprised if they get the same back in equal measure.

Regardless of whether Evans is a decent, wronged victim of an unproven allegation or a nasty, opportunistic and predatory A*****e victim of an unproven allegation, I think the length of this thread and the differing perspectives raised are reason enough to avoid him.

This started with someone asking whether fans wanted Evans to sign. I responded to say no thanks and then a few people, who nearly always want to force their opinion on others on this forum, decided to pile in, starting with your mate from Didcot.

If you actually took the time to read the posts you will see I’ve sent several stating why I have the opinion I have. You may not agree, but I’m not looking for your approval. In fact I don’t give a damn what your view is on almost anything you say based on most of your posts I’ve read.

Everyone on this forum has the right to express their own opinion. Not just a select few like you for instance. If they choose to do it in response to someone else’s earlier post, don’t be too surprised if they get the same back in equal measure.

I just it’s very sad that someone is doing their best to prevent a top striker from joining the club. Someone who was cleared of all charges against him.

Say what you want in reply, but the way you put your case is truely sad.

Back
Top Bottom