Transfer News Ched Evans

A 10 year old does not have to know the nitty gritty. You’re just making a big thing of it when you’re 10 year old can easily be fobbed off. Any parent who gets involved with a 10 year old discussing a rape case wants to seriously look at themselves.

Let a child be a child and enjoy the freedom and free spiriting that they deserve rather than be bogged down by the intricacies of something that is not for their ears.
But what happens when the child asks what’s a rapist that’s being spoken or sung about?

Stop being so judgemental all you perfect people. None of you moaned with Chapman or McCormack. Just sign him ... we haven't had a regular scorer since Beano , and we need one

No one is claiming to be perfect.
Plenty of people moaned about Chapman.
Even more about McCormack.
Roofe scored quite a few.

Otherwise a great post!

I'm not getting into the debate about his conviction. Since he was released, he's played for several football clubs who have given him a chance. Much like this club did, for Chapman (stuck by him) and McCormack - both individuals who killed people in their incidents.

But more than this, Oxford United have had their fair share of players over the last 30 years I can remember who have been on the wrong side of the law. It's not new. Talking about someone who had his conviction quashed after serving 2 years plus, is also very different to the actual players who were guilty...........and we took on and 'supported'.

If I were Ched Evans reading this, I'd be not sure I would want to join OUFC.

As for our manager canvassing supporters...................................absolutely madness. It was bad enough Pep, allegedly, canvassing his players about whether he should re-sign Chris Maguire (so I'm told :oops: )

Did people moan about Billy Turley when he signed? I'm sure i remember him having some trouble in the past?

Do you really think that there would be a different reaction at any other club?

We have the same reaction every single time. Society is such, that plenty of people have misdemeanors and seek employment after serving time.

However, this case is a little different because we've been use to having players sign, who have served time for 'manslaughter' etc, so it's not like we're a club who have never been in this situation before so I find the clamor odd. I find the club asking fans even odder. All of them have done deplorable crimes yet I very rarely ever heard Oxford United fans chant at McCormack and accepted the signing. Why's Ched different?

We have the same reaction every single time. Society is such, that plenty of people have misdemeanors and seek employment after serving time.

However, this case is a little different because we've been use to having players sign, who have served time for 'manslaughter' etc, so it's not like we're a club who have never been in this situation before so I find the clamor odd. I find the club asking fans even odder. All of them have done deplorable crimes yet I very rarely ever heard Oxford United fans chant at McCormack and accepted the signing. Why's Ched different?

i'll try to offer an answer but it's a difficult subject as what i write may be misinterpreted but all i can think of is that 1 of them had expectation for the evening

Exactly Simon - I'm with you on this & quite frankly I find the comments from some on here amazing.

But what happens when the child asks what’s a rapist that’s being spoken or sung about?

Fob them off. My god if you can’t paper over something like that to a 10 (yes 10) year old then quite frankly I’d despair for you as a parent. I can assure you all my kids were doing things 10 year olds do at that age, like playing innocently and carefree, not engaging in the topic of rape with their parents.

This sort of lily livered parenting where a parent has to include kids in all ranges of subjects is pathetically weak. Grow a pair and stand up to your inquisitive little 10 year old and tell them it’s not a topic they need know about and to mind their own business.

Can we afford with Fleetwood financially to get a player like Evans?
Only in your head, which is probably the only thing in your head.

Don't be so ridiculous man. So what actually is your reply to the post of Didcot yellow?

Ched Evans, was not finally convicted, then you call someone stupid for stating the fact, in quite an abusive manner.

Were you perchance looking in the mirror as you typed???? Simpleton:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

All valid, but nothing to do with the question I asked.

You stated that if you were Ched Evan's reading this forum then you wouldn't join. My question is why do you think this would be different at any other club? It is an emotive subject and whilst many would let bygones be etc there will always be those that will have an issue with pretty much anything. If he is so sensitive to be upset by the comments on an "insignificant internet forum", then he would never have returned to the game.

As for Robinson asking for the views of fans, is that really an issue? We scream out for more engagement from the club. This is a signing that could split opinion and I have no issue with the question being asked. However, the buck stops with Robinson and he should only pursue players that he thinks are good for the club. Which I'm sure he will continue to do.

Back
Top Bottom