Transfer News Ched Evans

Guilty of rape or not the guy was in a hotel room having sordid group sex with a female who was so drunk she hardly knew what she was doing, while in a long term relationship. I’m no prude but it’s a shame that these so called role models act in such a way. I’d give him a bit more time if he showed some remorse for letting his family down and betraying the trust of his long term girlfriend - who has stood by him - with his actions, instead of trying to sue his legal team for loss of earnings.

I ask the question why was she in the room, playing monopoly.................???

Oh look another one,bet you backed chappers tho aye and he was guilty,ched Evans is innocent ffs
You don’t even know me and yet you feel you can call me a hypocrite. As much as I support Oxford, the club has a habit of turning a blind eye to these sorts of things which I’m totally against. The club shouldn’t be associated with ANY player with a history of serious crime.

Put it this way. What if it was a member of your family that was on the receiving end of these people. Would you still want to sign them?

You don’t even know me and yet you feel you can call me a hypocrite. As much as I support Oxford, the club has a habit of turning a blind eye to these sorts of things which I’m totally against. The club shouldn’t be associated with ANY player with a history of serious crime.

Put it this way. What if it was a member of your family that was on the receiving end of these people. Would you still want to sign them?
Not speaking about other players, but Ched Evans was found not guilty in a court of law and therefore doesnt have "a history of serious crime"

Has always played 'up North'. Not sure he would want to become a soft southerner!!
Very true, yet, he's got a kid.
1) And might started of thinking about schools?
2) Could probably afford to live down here now?
3) Could form a great partnership with Whyte in the Student Union?

However, I think he'll stay with the fishermen

At the time of the retrial I did take a bit of time to read some of the evidence. To state the alleged behaviour of all of those involved was tawdrey is a massive understatement, and the general acceptance of it for me is difficult to understand, but then I'm in my seventies and probably apply different standards. General moral standards appear to be diffent nowaydays so I have to accept that. If he does come to us I will just have to try and blank out his previous behaviour and concentrate on what he does in the time he is on the pitch. But I won't find it easy.

At the time of the retrial I did take a bit of time to read some of the evidence. To state the alleged behaviour of all of those involved was tawdrey is a massive understatement, and the general acceptance of it for me is difficult to understand, but then I'm in my seventies and probably apply different standards. General moral standards appear to be diffent nowaydays so I have to accept that. If he does come to us I will just have to try and blank out his previous behaviour and concentrate on what he does in the time he is on the pitch. But I won't find it easy.

You come from a better time. I wonder how morals will have changed when I get to 70 ?

Perhaps we'll be welcoming the likes of Adam Johnson types, et al.

You come from a better time. I wonder how morals will have changed when I get to 70 [emoji58]

Err, wait a second.

I seem to recall the sexual morality of quite a few 70 year old being called into question in the past decade!

Standards should not be said to be slipping based purely off the back of a couple of case studies like this.

You come from a better time. I wonder how morals will have changed when I get to 70 ?

Different rather than better, surely.

Is the demise of racism a bad thing?

Biggest questions here are in whether you believe in how the British legal system works and do you believe someone convicted under British law deserves the right to be rehabilitated without prejudice?

The Evans case has been discussed to near death, he’s a free man and entitled now to live his life. In regards to morality, I think you’re looking in the wrong place if you think footballers should be moral examples.

You have a current Premier League captain who was jailed for kicking a doctor prone on the floor in the face during a fight. Too much money and not much sense for a lot of these players.

Whilst you hope you have a club of well meaning men who do charitable things within the community, the reality is in the summer they’ll all forget that to go to Vegas, shag prostitutes and probably WhatsApp it to their mates.

At least with Evans you’d imagine he’d learnt his lesson and probably never find himself in such a situation again. Can’t say that for the rest of the squad.

Plus he has the added bonus of potentially being able to lead the line and score some goals.

Some fans seem to be guilty and banned on very suspect and often fabricated evidence, should they not be free to watch again then?

Biggest questions here are in whether you believe in how the British legal system works and do you believe someone convicted under British law deserves the right to be rehabilitated without prejudice?

The Evans case has been discussed to near death, he’s a free man and entitled now to live his life. In regards to morality, I think you’re looking in the wrong place if you think footballers should be moral examples.

You have a current Premier League captain who was jailed for kicking a doctor prone on the floor in the face during a fight. Too much money and not much sense for a lot of these players.

Whilst you hope you have a club of well meaning men who do charitable things within the community, the reality is in the summer they’ll all forget that to go to Vegas, shag prostitutes and probably WhatsApp it to their mates.

At least with Evans you’d imagine he’d learnt his lesson and probably never find himself in such a situation again. Can’t say that for the rest of the squad.

Plus he has the added bonus of potentially being able to lead the line and score some goals.

Just to clarify as it isn't clear in your post that Evans is no longer convicted so doesn't need rehabilitation under the legal system. So in Evans case that point is redundant.

Well he hasn’t signed and if he does how many pages will be dedicated on here for the rights and wrongs the moral issues the do we want that type here and all the proven innocent so leave him be, but has he signed?

There's a mass of evidence to show that rape victims do not get a fair deal in the UK legal system. It's a running sore.
Evans is no longer convicted: correct.
However, the extra factor in that whole case was the way he coasted on the vicious campaign to discredit the woman in the case that was organised on social media. That was a well-funded campaign. Evans obviously did not take part in it but neither did he denounce it.

The only thing that matters, as blunt as it is, is that hes been found not guilty.

A lot of footballers are utter, utter c**nts, but they are cheered from the rafters every saturday.

His behaviour and attitude was appalling. But he is not/was not guilty of any crime. Thats the facts.

I totally respect your view, but in general (and as a collection of fans) we didn't have major issues with Luke McCormick and especially Adam Chapman. They were convicted of serious offences and Chapman rejoined us after his prison sentence was over. We seemed to accept them. If standards of behaviour is something we feel strongly about, then we should have called for Gavin Whyte to be sacked (perhaps you did) for the incident in Belfast, but that obviously wouldn't happen. It's a bit late to be worrying about Evans now.

Back
Top Bottom