Transfer News Ched Evans

We need decent forwards. He is a decent forward. I’m pleased we are trying to sign him. Rather than just saying our approach is ‘desperate’ , which is negative, frankly, why not use the word ‘thorough’.
Well - 'desperate' means something different from 'thorough', that's why they're different words, I suppose. I don't think we're desperate or thorough, mind. Perplexing?

I wouldn't be making a big thing about it, but I don't want Evans here particularly.

Those without sin please cast the first stone.
You sound like the Bishop, Master; please stop it, its creepy.

Would be a good signing but I cant see it happening. Fleetwood likely to offer more money, but hope he doesn't join them. I reckon they'll be pushing for top 6 after recently signing Coutts from Sheffield United.

We need decent forwards. He is a decent forward. I’m pleased we are trying to sign him. Rather than just saying our approach is ‘desperate’ , which is negative, frankly, why not use the word ‘thorough’.

Those without sin please cast the first stone.
Is it 'thorough' to have a player in a vital position on a six month loan? Is that the word you meant? I think (in this case) I will stick to my original sentiment.

I'm not without sin, but I suspect few of us on this forum have been involved in such a sordid grubby affair as this bloke has (not talking about the legal aspects) - yukk!

Dilemma ? You can’t be a bit guilty. He’s either guilty or he’s not. If you think he’s guilty then your conscience decides whether you will support a rapist playing for your football team. If, like me, you believe him to be not guilty then you look at Ched Evans the footballer as being a sensational signing for Oxford United.
As @ttg17 says his retrial was a not guilty but a very dubious not guilty. 25k to two of her ex boyfriends to say she was quite an easy lay which got the conviction overturned, to be franks when the prosecution ask the ex boyfriends did money play a part in n them. Coming forward and they replied no, yeah right, and why was this evidence not heard at the first trial........no reward that’s why.
But he’s been found not guilty if he comes here and scores I will accept it, but would he want to come here after playing his first game after coming out of prison at Oxford.

So did the prosecution prove the witnesses testimony was a fabrication and that she had received payment? If the witness did receive payment does it prove that the witness lied? We're the other witnesses answering the questions truthfully or making it up? if so did the prosecution press them on their recollections? The jury after reviewing the evidence or information decided that Ched Evans was wrongly proved guilty of rape on a retrial, therefore, we have to accept the decision of not guilty.

You are correct in saying the justice system needs to be examined in incidences of sexual assault. People's choices of promiscuity, meaning should not be judged. The circumstances here though are that when they are the only means to express the accuser's sexual habits, it can assist the accused in proving that there is reasonable doubt in the accusor's recollection of the event.

Yes none of us will know who was telling the truth, but as said Ched has been acquired of rape. Therefore, we move on, and hopefully, both parties can manage to do the same.
Why weren’t those witnesses at the first trial?

Well - 'desperate' means something different from 'thorough', that's why they're different words, I suppose. I don't think we're desperate or thorough, mind. Perplexing?

I wouldn't be making a big thing about it, but I don't want Evans here particularly.

You sound like the Bishop, Master; please stop it, its creepy.
I’m actually surprised ArchBish Burrell hasn’t been on yet - this thread is right up his street.

How many more people are going to say he was 'found innocent' without reading anything other posters have said regarding the fact our court system doesn't work that way?

Tatabanya has probably articulated how I feel on the matter most accurately, so I won't bother adding to to the debate on his off the field credentials.

On the field, he's obviously still a good goal scorer (at this level), but I'm really not a fan of 6 months loan deals. If we're going to bring him in I would like it to be a season loan at least.
Where did you get a 6 month loan deal from? If correct I wouldn’t bother but I thought Sheff Utd released Evans.

Would be a good signing but I cant see it happening. Fleetwood likely to offer more money, but hope he doesn't join them. I reckon they'll be pushing for top 6 after recently signing Coutts from Sheffield United.
If Fleetwood we’re going to sign him I thought they would have done that by now, Madden has just signed a new contract for them

I say lose-lose because if he hits the ground running he will either go back to his parent club or they will flog him to someone else in January (when demand for any striker who is scoring is huge). If he doesn't then doubtless we can have him for the whole season! And if we are relying on him to be the goal-scorer then (in either situation) we are up the creek without a paddle for the last five months of the season.
I guess that my point is that if we can get a quality goalscorer in for 6 months at the same time developing a younger player and kick on to the top half of the table then how could this be a loss (from a football perspective)?
He stayed at Fleetwood and presumably could have been recalled at Christmas. So at Christmas if he is doing well we try and keep him and if that doesnt happen we have at least brought on a younger forward.
I do however agree that a striker for 3 years could be a better option ( although if it were somebody like Smith maybe not)

And yet I never heard any concerns about the morality of Sir Les Ferdinands chopper.

Double standards.

Absolutely no problem with signing Ched Evan's, he is a good player that will score goals.

Just for the record I wanted us to sign Nile Ranger too?

If only for the entertaining forum meltdown.

Back
Top Bottom