Charlton v Doncaster penalties

NottsYellow

I tend to switch off when the commentators and the expert summarisers start waffling on, but I'm sure they said the penalties had to be taken at the Charlton end due to health & safety reasons. Is this true or am I dreaming it?

Ref was approached by two men in suits and two plod following which, the ref indicated to the two captains that the Charlton end would be where the penalty shoot out would take place.

Think they said it was because there were two sets of fans at the other end, wouldn't be very happy if I were a Doncaster fan. Add in Charlton fans throwing items onto the pitch during a Doncaster player's run up and the pitch invasion, didn't seem very safe to have it at the Charlton end either.

Ref was approached by two men in suits and two plod following which, the ref indicated to the two captains that the Charlton end would be where the penalty shoot out would take place.
If refs can be influenced by police intervention, maybe next season OUFC liaison, @PC956S ,and a colleague, could 'have a word' with some of the excuses for match officials imposed on OUFC ? :unsure:

If refs can be influenced by police intervention, maybe next season OUFC liaison, @PC956S ,and a colleague, could 'have a word' with some of the excuses for match officials imposed on OUFC ? :unsure:
Can you really imagine someone like Kettle "going quietly"?

Back
Top Bottom