Home Match Day Thread Charlton at home kick off time

Unfortunately a small minority struggle or act like adults or humans and so balls things up for everyone else.
So plod can't cope with a small minority is what your saying the is it.?

Very strange decision from the police. Have we all missed something?

If this is police using their intelligence, then I seriously doubt their intelligence.

IMHO our resident plod gets a bit of an unfair bashing on here, but would be good to hear his take on this.

What police advice, cant be anything to do with police intelligence as thats a myth.

Dont ever remember trouble with Charlton fans in the past.

So plod can't cope with a small minority is what your saying the is it.?

Nope.

But by that comment what you are basically saying is you would rather see things kick off and then have plod deal with a situation as opposed to plod putting plans in place to help prevent a potential situation in the first place.

I know.. let’s leave kick off at 3pm and have a much greater police presence. That way people can then whinge about plod using OUFC for overtime due to over policing and then holding them responsible for any trouble due to their shear numbers.

Thought the club wasn’t allowed in before twelve noon, going to be a bit tight getting everything ready ? not a totally serious post

I think you are all dismissing the crime that took place at “The Valley” last season............ (What a day....,)
2-1 down with 1 minute to go, Todd Cane scores to level the scores in what was probably an undeserved point, 4 minutes later Ryan Ledson had his best moment in an Oxford United shirt as he scores the winner in front of me and 1400 or so other die hard YELLOWS who went delirious with shock, joy, passion and pride to what our club (in the right ownership) could achieve....
Charlton’s manager that day said he would go on to manage bigger and better clubs, oh, hang on a minute, where the fcuk did he end up........

Very strange decision from the police. Have we all missed something?

If this is police using their intelligence, then I seriously doubt their intelligence.

IMHO our resident plod gets a bit of an unfair bashing on here, but would be good to hear his take on this.

I`m sure @PC956S is chomping at the bit to "liaise with his partners"....... ergo.... us plebs.

Or not..........

Nope.

But by that comment what you are basically saying is you would rather see things kick off and then have plod deal with a situation as opposed to plod putting plans in place to help prevent a potential situation in the first place.

I know.. let’s leave kick off at 3pm and have a much greater police presence. That way people can then whinge about plod using OUFC for overtime due to over policing and then holding them responsible for any trouble due to their shear numbers.

will there not then be a bigger police presence due to this intelligence?

Last year it was midweek, but in 2016-17 Oxford-Charlton was played at 3pm on a Saturday in September.

8,847 showed up, including 1,476 away, and I don't remember any reports or hint of trouble.
I'm almost certain that the necessary police presence would be less than that for Sunderland or Pompey

Again, it seems the only reason they've done this is because it's Good Friday. Which is frankly just odd.

And to think some people call themselves loyal supporters?! I’ll be in the bath at 0700, couple of tinnies, Four Candles at 0800, Bird at 1130 and then in my seat at 1250 for kick off.

Don’t know what all the fuss is about?! They relaxed licensing laws specifically for these occasions. First game of the season for me, Can’t wait!!!

Back
Top Bottom