Home Match Day Thread Charlton at home kick off time

Northstandboy

Owner
Staff member
So the club have been advised by the OB to move the kick off time for the Good Friday home game against Charlton to 1pm!

Has there been any history between us that I have missed?

Out of interest why was the kick off time moved? can @OxVox or perhaps @PC956S
Inform the reason behind the move of kick off time?

Last edited:
Charlton have a big support and it's obviously been taken into consideration. Good job we are not close to any sort of promotion as games are played at all sorts of times in the championship and what would people say then :D

Ah well, saves me a journey then. It was planned for a leisurely morning drive down then out for lunch with the family.
Wife then drops me off at the game, she goes shopping with Sis, and then driving home after.
@PC956S and Co have scuppered that for no apparent reason .... I`ll wait for the "intelligence reports" BS.

Is there any chance of getting an explanation of why plod wants it played early? All weve got from OUFC is on the advice of the police the game has been brought forward. As has been said Sunderland had the maximum so what makes Charlton different or is it just plod want to get home early on a bank holiday? Or as it's Good Friday do the pubs only open at noon so little time to have a drink. God forbid we should actually be treated like adults and humans.

Charlton have a big support and it's obviously been taken into consideration. Good job we are not close to any sort of promotion as games are played at all sorts of times in the championship and what would people say then :D

Exactly this. I would hate to see the melt down on this forum if we ever did go up. Games moved constantly for tv, international breaks and then add the fact we would be the whipping boys of the league too maybe it’s best we stay in the lower leagues.

Is there any chance of getting an explanation of why plod wants it played early? All weve got from OUFC is on the advice of the police the game has been brought forward. As has been said Sunderland had the maximum so what makes Charlton different or is it just plod want to get home early on a bank holiday? Or as it's Good Friday do the pubs only open at noon so little time to have a drink. God forbid we should actually be treated like adults and humans.

Unfortunately a small minority struggle or act like adults or humans and so balls things up for everyone else.

Unfortunately a small minority struggle or act like adults or humans and so balls things up for everyone else.
I don't believe this game has much potential for trouble and even it if did would moving the kick of time by two hours really make much difference? The Police are obviously linking the availability of alcohol with the possibility of crowd trouble but surely as pubs are able to serve from 9am these days the potential for drink-crazed violence is still there.

Cant think of any previous history between the clubs. Even during the famous 3-3 game in the 1980's, any Pringle clad, deer stalker wearing cockney you spoke to through the fence claimed they were Millwall.

I've been to Charlton many times, and never seen a hint of trouble between the supporters - despite the fact that they make no attempt to segregate and keep the fans from mingling on their way back to the station (or on the platform) after the game.

I'd have thought it's way lower risk that Portsmouth or Luton or Bristol Rovers. But I don't remember any games against those lot being moved, other than for TV.

Are people supposed to just get extra-aggressive over Easter or something?

I've been to Charlton many times, and never seen a hint of trouble between the supporters - despite the fact that they make no attempt to segregate and keep the fans from mingling on their way back to the station (or on the platform) after the game.

I'd have thought it's way lower risk that Portsmouth or Luton or Bristol Rovers. But I don't remember any games against those lot being moved, other than for TV.

Are people supposed to just get extra-aggressive over Easter or something?
Itll be in case the evil easter bunny firm turn up wired on all that chocolate ....it cant be for any other reason can it?

Back
Top Bottom