Charlie & the Big Don

It wouldn't surprise me if Holmes signed for Sunderland instead of us. Money Talks!.

On the morning of transfer deadline day, while chairman and CEO's are busy trying to get last minute deals over the line Charles is worrying about what fans are talking about on a obscure internet football forum. You couldn't make it up could you!

One person who could make it up is @Lundinsponytail if the recent press releases are anything to go by!!!

I got to the bit where he suggests Sunderland are in the top 10 football clubs in the country then realised the rest of it would be PR ballshit too.

Just to clarify as well for Charles as I know he still likes to read this forum, Arsenal, Tottenham, West Ham, Chelsea, Man United, Man City, Liverpool, Everton, Newcastle, Leeds, Aston Villa, Birmingham, Blackburn, Wolves, Birmingham, Sheffield Wednesday and Sheffield United are all clubs i'd class as bigger than Sunderland.
I'd say there's a current big 6 of Liverpool, Everton, Man United, Arsenal, Man City, Chelsea.

Of the others mentioned, West Ham, Newcastle, Leeds, Villa, Blackburn, Birmingham, Sheffield x 2, I'd say Sunderland could be included in that group as a potential top 10 club who haven't won anything for years, but are still a "biggish club" in terms of fanbase and perhaps an idea of their history.

Looking at this 50 year rating, Sunderland would be 19th http://www.skysports.com/football/n...ands-top-team-followed-by-man-utd-and-arsenal but what sort of PR man would say "we've got the potential to be relegated straight out of the Premier League if we got there"?

For what it's worth, I believe that the Stadium of Light is currently the 7th biggest stadium that's called home by an English football team
(although Spurs will push it down to 8th when theirs is finished).

In order it's Old Trafford, London Stadium, The Emirates, Etihad, St. James Park, Anfield and then the SoL.

So in terms of infrastructure, they're clear Top 10. Just not in terms of history or, probably, support.

For what it's worth, I believe that the Stadium of Light is currently the 7th biggest stadium that's called home by an English football team
(although Spurs will push it down to 8th when theirs is finished).

In order it's Old Trafford, London Stadium, The Emirates, Etihad, St. James Park, Anfield and then the SoL.

So in terms of infrastructure, they're clear Top 10. Just not in terms of history or, probably, support.

Or desirability given its location.

Sunderland have certainly been splashing the cash since the new owners took over, probably in the region of 1.5 - 2 million pounds on new players.

On the face of it some decent signings and with that sort of investment at league 1 level anything less than promotion would be seen as failure.

I suspect Barnsley, Portsmouth and Peterborough will give them some serious competition for the top two spots.

Sunderland have certainly been splashing the cash since the new owners took over, probably in the region of 1.5 - 2 million pounds on new players.

Although if you believe the usual sports info sites - they've received about 28 million this summer from player sales (to go with the 30 million+ from TV parachute payments) which must be a big record for a third tier club.

I'm actually a little surprised they haven't splashed more cash than they have.

Although if you believe the usual sports info sites - they've received about 28 million this summer from player sales (to go with the 30 million+ from TV parachute payments) which must be a big record for a third tier club.

I'm actually a little surprised they haven't splashed more cash than they have.
Yes it has surprised me as well.
I wonder if it due to the £15m+ unsuspected debts they discovered?
They should walk the league but you just never know .

Can almost see why they swapped the views........................................... get photoshopping kids! lol

images

Back on at 7:04pm last night. Bet he's chomping at the bit to post about yesterday's game and insult a few fellow posters.

Back
Top Bottom