Charlie & the Big Don

He had to prove he had £50m spare to back up his business plan before he could get EFL approval. Leave the business strategy to him imho.

Doesn’t answer my question though, does it? £50 million is significantly more than £10 million, especially if, like you said, it was “spare”. And baring in mind the financial difficulties and massive debts of recent times, the last thing as a new owner I would want fans to be worried about is money, which judging by the comments on the article you linked and one in the Echo, that’s exactly what has happened.

Looks like Sunderland have their fair share of Moonshiners too!!!

Think I'd be disappointed if I was Sunderland fans with Maguire signing. He will be on decent league 1 wages and can be a difficult character if not getting all the attention. In a good side he could rip this league apart, but a season like last could cause more problems than solve.

Think I'd be disappointed if I was Sunderland fans with Maguire signing. He will be on decent league 1 wages and can be a difficult character if not getting all the attention. In a good side he could rip this league apart, but a season like last could cause more problems than solve.

Interesting signing. I would love to find some historic posts of some old posters on here slating him.

Have to question who is in charge of player recruitment up there? It's like a real-life Championship Manager but with Stewart's cash.

Can't see Kemar going there, unless Charlie wants to pay more than the £4K per week we were paying..................

Interesting signing. I would love to find some historic posts of some old posters on here slating him.

Have to question who is in charge of player recruitment up there? It's like a real-life Championship Manager but with Stewart's cash.

Can't see Kemar going there, unless Charlie wants to pay more than the £4K per week we were paying..................

This is the first thing I thought. Who is making these signings? Don't get me wrong the first thing I would do I owned a club and had the money would be to buy Maguire, Roof, Hylton and Ledson regardless of what the manager needs or wants but not entirely sure my approach would be successful in the long run

This is the first thing I thought. Who is making these signings? Don't get me wrong the first thing I would do I owned a club and had the money would be to buy Maguire, Roof, Hylton and Ledson regardless of what the manager needs or wants but not entirely sure my approach would be successful in the long run

It would be somewhat ironic if Sunderland did sign Roofe. If we do indeed have a sell-on clause for him then the new owners of the Black Cats would effectively be putting money into OUFC’s coffers!

It would be somewhat ironic if Sunderland did sign Roofe. If we do indeed have a sell-on clause for him then the new owners of the Black Cats would effectively be putting money into OUFC’s coffers!

Sadly I don't think we have much of a sell on at all. A very good price initially meant little scope for one.

Sadly I don't think we have much of a sell on at all. A very good price initially meant little scope for one.
Really?Do you know that?
I would be surprised if DE didn't get a sell on clause included.

Back
Top Bottom