Charlie & the Big Don

Well my opinion is Sunderland going down again. Despite all their recent failures they still have on over inflated opinion of their importance to world football, their fans are the noisiest, remember roker Park, this is the start of a new dawn etc. In fact they are a failing middling club similar to boro really. I mean probably their recent highlight was having that ..... Di Canio as manager ffs. They were the same then gonna storm the league etc. I’m wondering if Charlie will go native and start wearing shell suits, dealing drugs and stealing cars and be completely unintelligible (granted probably that already)!!

Appreciate the responses and have a better idea of our new owners.
Hopefully Charlie will not patronise us too much and still very optimistic, but ain't that always the way.
Come on Liverpool!!!

Hopefully Charlie will not patronise us too much and still very optimistic, but ain't that always the way.
Come on Liverpool!!!
We have long memories in Oxford ....them Bin Dippers, who think they are always the victims, cost OUFC a crack at European club football ( after we qualified by winning the league cup in 1986- but Heyschell incidents meant we were excluded).... I'd prefer the Italians to hammer them later today

Edit- Spainiards ....mediterainian types all seem similar to me o_O

Last edited:
We have long memories in Oxford ....them Bin Dippers, who think they are always the victims, cost OUFC a crack at European club football ( after we qualified by winning the league cup in 1986- but Heyschell incidents meant we were excluded).... I'd prefer the Italians to hammer them later today
Fair enough. Have to agree with 'victims' comment. I obviously don't hold grudges as they knocked my from tooth out at Anfield when I was a bairn.
Come on Ronaldo!

Come on Liverpool!!!

Has Italy invaded Spain’s capital overnight?

Come on Liverpool!!!

That’s going to be a bit tricky Sarge

Come on Liverpool!!!

That’s going to be a bit tricky Sarge

I’m totally with sarge. I hope Real Milan stuff the fuckers

? no friend of mine

Ok well just jealous really - wish Donald had been able to take over at the Kassam - proper fan and probably a safer bet than Tiger. Sure he will do well for Sunderland definitely better than some wealthy foreigner who doesn’t really understand football.

How long until The Sun or some other cheap rag decides to sift through his old posts to form some kind of opinion piece? The old forum is a goldmine; it practically writes itself.

"Do I need to make it simpler for you? Perhaps not use football or politics to illustrate, but grocery shopping or something else easier to comprehend?

Look, for whatever reason you have decided to react childishly and violently to whatever post I make. If I am reasonably positive, you slate me for not having been as positive as you in the past. If I say something mildly critical you react like a paedophile is trying to say hello to your niece. Why don't you just ignore what I have to say, as it clearly makes you very angry and ends up in an otherwise reasonably intelligent man making a fool of himself (as your idiotic post above demonstrates)."

Yes, sadly that is a direct quote from someone now running your football club.

This was a reply to Dave, completely out of proportion because he didn't like the direction of the conversation. Dave had pointed out an earlier contradiction in something Charlie had said and that's what he got for it. The only thing remotely offensive about Dave is his unsettling love of puns (sorry, Dave).

I also remember Charlie threatening to track someone down and have words face-to-face, so I'll say no more. :censored:

Actually, yes I will. I hope he is delivering live, unfiltered updates to your supporters' trust and in turn the trust members - something he basically demanded (at great length) of our club/trust.

Ok well just jealous really - wish Donald had been able to take over at the Kassam - proper fan and probably a safer bet than Tiger. Sure he will do well for Sunderland definitely better than some wealthy foreigner who doesn’t really understand football.
I see Charlie was at the 7-0 at SoL when you got arrested :p - he probably watched you getting frogmarched out!

What I struggle to understand is why Charlie carried on acting a dick on here while negotiations must of been going on, hardly a sensible move, his departure was a bit abrupt so I am guessing someone told the PR guru to shut up.

Donald has always come across well, but judging by on here Methven is one the thinnest skinned people on the planet, a paper cut is a potentially fatal injury to the man. He will be fine while it all goes well which it should initially given the size of the parachute payment, be interesting to see what happens if the s**t hits the fan in the championship, can see him loving a load of northerners questioning his intelligence, I am guessing the dictionary will be coming out to find long words to insult people.

How long until The Sun or some other cheap rag decides to sift through his old posts to form some kind of opinion piece? The old forum is a goldmine; it practically writes itself.

"Do I need to make it simpler for you? Perhaps not use football or politics to illustrate, but grocery shopping or something else easier to comprehend?

Look, for whatever reason you have decided to react childishly and violently to whatever post I make. If I am reasonably positive, you slate me for not having been as positive as you in the past. If I say something mildly critical you react like a paedophile is trying to say hello to your niece. Why don't you just ignore what I have to say, as it clearly makes you very angry and ends up in an otherwise reasonably intelligent man making a fool of himself (as your idiotic post above demonstrates)."

Yes, sadly that is a direct quote from someone now running your football club.

This was a reply to Dave, completely out of proportion because he didn't like the direction of the conversation. Dave had pointed out an earlier contradiction in something Charlie had said and that's what he got for it. The only thing remotely offensive about Dave is his unsettling love of puns (sorry, Dave).

I also remember Charlie threatening to track someone down and have words face-to-face, so I'll say no more. :censored:

Actually, yes I will. I hope he is delivering live, unfiltered updates to your supporters' trust and in turn the trust members - something he basically demanded (at great length) of our club/trust.
Making me a bit nervous but suspect he will get run out of Dodge if goes on that like. He really should keep away from our forum, which is interesting in many ways. Mind you - we are analysing Dante today - very Oxbridge.

https://www.readytogo.net/smb/threads/a-toilet-wall-in-florence.1432226/

What I struggle to understand is why Charlie carried on acting a dick on here while negotiations must of been going on, hardly a sensible move, his departure was a bit abrupt so I am guessing someone told the PR guru to shut up.

Donald has always come across well, but judging by on here Methven is one the thinnest skinned people on the planet, a paper cut is a potentially fatal injury to the man. He will be fine while it all goes well which it should initially given the size of the parachute payment, be interesting to see what happens if the s**t hits the fan in the championship, can see him loving a load of northerners questioning his intelligence, I am guessing the dictionary will be coming out to find long words to insult people.
We have long words up North - just don't use 'em.

We have long words up North - just don't use 'em.

No one uses the words Charlie does when he goes off on one.

I see he is claiming he has always had a soft spot for Sunderland as he has always found Newcastle an arrogant club, pretty certain when we played Newcastle in the cup 15 months ago he kept that one quiet, he does talk some shite.

Back
Top Bottom