Charlie & the Big Don

Sunderland will face 46 games where the opposition will be a tad more up for it, they won't find it easy by any means.
I for one will quite amused if they fail to make it.
I don't think we expect promotion at first attempt so not much to be amused at. Our fans do not share the arrogance and delusion of other 'big' clubs as I'm sure you will have discovered if ever met any of them.

I don't think we expect promotion at first attempt so not much to be amused at. Our fans do not share the arrogance and delusion of other 'big' clubs as I'm sure you will have discovered if ever met any of them.

...Seriously?

Need to sell a few more season tickets just to keep paying Jack Rodwell’s salary.

I seem to remember reading somewhere that he’s on 70k a week, A WEEK! Madness if true.
It has gone down to lesser madness, but that is the state we are in. A lot of us were expecting relegation next year as well, but hopefully a clear out will arrest our decline.
If only England had beaten Iceland..

...Seriously?
I think so, although we do have renewed optimism. My mates are hoping for play offs and expect a difficult season. Our advantage is we should be able to attract some decent young talent but it will all take time.

I would suggest that most of those valuations are massively optimistic. In the same way that some on here were putting £5m valuations on Ryan Ledson and Simon Eastwood, any offers will be considerably lower (especially if Chas and SD want nothing to do with agents!!)

In reality, you will be doing well to pull in a fraction of that or may struggle to offload anyone.
Our issue is not getting the fees - it is getting the players to move and accept lower wages than the ridiculous amounts we were paying them.

However, those valuations were not far off.

Sold Borini for £5.5m, Lens for £4m, been offered £7.5m for Khazri, £5m+ for McNair, £6.5m for NDong but he turned down move (wages!). Oviedo will go for £2m - £4m. We could sell the young talent but see what manager wants.

Financially they have to, plus, they're very much in the shadow of a bigger, better team so their adherents will expect the moon, the stars and the title with gold balls on.

And even smoothiechops couldn't get away with saying they have a smaller budget than the top three after them put together.

It will be a humiliating failure for them if they fail. What lad who grew up in North Shields wouldn't love to see that?
Just seen this - you been away from NE for a long time? We love the 'forever in our shadow - jordy nashun' stuff. Hilarious. Newcastle is a great city (ignoring the surrounding shitholes and swarms of west end charvers) and yes, we don't have an airport, but our team will never be in your shadow. City yes, team no...

.. and I know quite a few SAFC fans from North Shields and Tynemouth so not all of you will delight in our probable failure.

Good luck to them both. I’m sure they’ll do well. Hopefully we will too.
Hope we give Sunderland a pasting at our place though

I'm told by the Sunderland fan at work that Sartori has invested £150 million this morning
If officially confirmed it'll put DE rejecting Satori taking over OUFC buck under the microscope ........and raise questions regarding Tiger and Singha financial input into OUFC too methinks :rolleyes:

I'm told by the Sunderland fan at work that Sartori has invested £150 million this morning

On the proviso that they scrape a play-off place presumably? No need to think they’ll get into the automatics of course ;)

Looking at Companies House filings and published the last day or two for Sunderland Ltd and SAFC Ltd, there was an allotment of shares on 22 May for £152 million. My guess is this is Ellis Short capitalising his loan accounts into shares, rather than Donald or Sartori putting in that much on takeover day. However SH01 doesn't say that the share are paid otherwise than in cash (which I think it should do if it is by capitalisation of loans).

So is this the same £150M that the work colleague is thinking about?

All the more reason to pray/wish/hope they spectacularly fail. :):):)

HOPE being the main word!

I think only a fool would now believe that DE’s decision to not sell the club to Satouri was in the best interest of the club.

Not saying Tiger won’t come good though etc.

This are just MY feelings.

I’ll get my hat!!

I think only a fool would now believe that DE’s decision to not sell the club to Satouri was in the best interest of the club.

Regardless of whether it's true now, only a fool would have believed turning down the Sartori offer was done in the best interest of the club then.

Not saying Tiger won’t come good though etc.

Likewise.

£3m for 20% makes more sense, wasn’t someone yesterday saying it was £150m. Stew having to take out a loan already doesn’t sound great, ain’t they just sold like £10m worth of players

I think they said the £150m was writing off the debt not Sartori’s investment.

The story about Sunderland needing extra loans to cover unexpected legal bills of £10m should be worrying for Sunderland supporters.

Due diligence has only just been completed relatively recently so £10m of unexpected legal fees. Really? Not a good start.

Sinner what is the view in Sunderland at the moment?

People are presumably perplexed by the £10m legal fees that has suddenly appeared pout of nowhere? Very very odd.

I thought that Sunderland would have thrown their financial weight around and would have already taken a few of the best League one players. It looks like there have been a few leaving, the club are trying to offload more and you have taken on a Turkish Division 2 Centre Back?

Still you are almost evens with the bookies to go up!

Back
Top Bottom