Charlie & the Big Don

Depends on how much some of those players earn, if someone offers to take a want away uncommitted high earner off your wage bill then would you really risk pricing them out of a move, I think a couple might go on frees but that would still be saving you millions.

If some of those players go for £5 million then football really has gone mad after what they have produced over the last two years.
Have to agree. If they were horses they would be on the pet food shelf already.

While them Mackems have more money than any other League 1 side ( courtercy of Murdochs sky sport millions/ PL parachute payments) and it should be a given they go back up to the championship at the first ask, as Saint n Greavsie used to say its a funny old game. Nothing is ever certain .... especially in the lower leagues,..... the wrong players, and/or the wrong manager/head coach for league 1 can put a serious spanner in the works of any aspirations no matter how much money is available.
Yes - I reckoned we would struggle next year before the shake up happened. Obviously optimistic now.

We feed off small crumbs - Jesus have no problem feeding 5000 safc / Oxford fans

This was what one SMB poster reckoned - about 40m

Oviedo 2m
Djilibodji 4m
Kone 6m
Mcnair 5m
Khazri 6m
Ndong 6m
Borini 5m
Lens 6m

Might be optimistic but would expect more for McNair and there are other youngsters clubs have their eyes on on, but hopefully they are the future including McNair. We had 6 academy players int the team that beat Wolves 3-0, not including Honeyman & Gooch who are established in the team.
I would suggest that most of those valuations are massively optimistic. In the same way that some on here were putting £5m valuations on Ryan Ledson and Simon Eastwood, any offers will be considerably lower (especially if Chas and SD want nothing to do with agents!!)

In reality, you will be doing well to pull in a fraction of that or may struggle to offload anyone.

I would suggest that most of those valuations are massively optimistic. In the same way that some on here were putting £5m valuations on Ryan Ledson and Simon Eastwood, any offers will be considerably lower (especially if Chas and SD want nothing to do with agents!!)

In reality, you will be doing well to pull in a fraction of that or may struggle to offload anyone.
Welcome to League 1 transfer fee levels ..... £2m is usually an unattainable top, top fee at this level, invariably half of that or even less is percieved as a decent price! for players on the books of League 1 clubs (who dont have even the crumbs off Murdochs table to spend!):cautious:

Probably although last 4 on that list pretty much sorted I believe. To think we turned down 18m for Kone.

Adore and maja are the most saleable assets deffo worth a few quid. I feel Sunderland can keep them they will take some stopping especially if whatmore could get fit

Mackems have sold 20,000 ST (so far) Ive heard! ...... or is their new spin doctor embellishing things somewhat?:unsure:

Mackems have sold 20,000 ST (so far) Ive heard! ...... or is their new spin doctor embellishing things somewhat?:unsure:

Probably true. Sunderland reduced ticket prices (by up to 40%) throughout the ground and frozen them for 3 years if you buy a season ticket this season (may increase for everyone else from next season onward, not sure). So with that in mind, and their likely promotion this year, fans will be able to buy cheap Championship season tickets next year, and potentially very cheap Premier League season tickets after that. It’s a pretty big incentive I imagine.

Will they count them if they don't turn up though?

I see they are trying to take Tony Coton from Villa as Director of Football/Scouting Chief. Not a cheap appointment by any means.

Probably true. Sunderland reduced ticket prices (by up to 40%) throughout the ground and frozen them for 3 years if you buy a season ticket this season (may increase for everyone else from next season onward, not sure). So with that in mind, and their likely promotion this year, fans will be able to buy cheap Championship season tickets next year, and potentially very cheap Premier League season tickets after that. It’s a pretty big incentive I imagine.
Mine has gone from £455 to £395 which is over 10% but in general reductions not huge, although great prices for younger fans. Cheap prices are not the reason people are buying season cards - more a renewed sense of pride and optimism.

Need to sell a few more season tickets just to keep paying Jack Rodwell’s salary.

I seem to remember reading somewhere that he’s on 70k a week, A WEEK! Madness if true.

Sunderland will face 46 games where the opposition will be a tad more up for it, they won't find it easy by any means.
I for one will quite amused if they fail to make it.

Back
Top Bottom