Manager/Coach Change of role for Faz

Firstly, thanks to Faz for all he has done and it looks like he will continue to make a contribution.
I would imagine Mous would want to play as well, but he is the sort of calming influence that KR needs, but perhaps it's not the right time.

I'm hoping the new first team coach is a similar character, rather than a Shaun Derry type!

I am glad Faz is staying on in some sort of capacity. I agree, get Mous trained up!

I thought Chris Allen was first team coach. We certainly have enough people working for Oxford now

I'm glad he is staying - a calm and experienced individual but understandably doesn't want the day to day of coaching. If we can't get best out of some like Faz in an advisory role, there is no hope at all!

I was told last week to expect a new face at the club this week, and one that would really show our intent. I assumed it was a player (which may well still happen!) but maybe it's an off the field appointment. I know that there were different thoughts about Mous being able to fully commit to coaching whilst still playing, so I suspect that he'll do another year in a role that links the playing squad and management informally with a view to move into the dugout properly next season.

I would guess that we would look to bring in someone who could step in if Robinson is tempted away. His stock remains high, and a good start to the season with us, and someone like Brentford struggling could lead to another Blackpool situation, but one he'd not turn down.

So I'm guessing fairly young (late 30's) ex player with some coaching experience at maybe youth levels at a bigger club, but with a lot of potential.

......or Mous announced at 10am!!!! ??

Always felt Robinson does a bit to much, so Faz could help him out a lot on some of the other stuff and let him concentrate more on team side of stuff.

I am glad Faz is staying on in some sort of capacity. I agree, get Mous trained up!

I agree. He has been a constant through recent success and Pep so keeping him and his knowledge at the club seems a no brainer to me. He will take some of the pressure of KR I think in those other areas like developing the training ground.

I was told last week to expect a new face at the club this week, and one that would really show our intent. I assumed it was a player (which may well still happen!) but maybe it's an off the field appointment. I know that there were different thoughts about Mous being able to fully commit to coaching whilst still playing, so I suspect that he'll do another year in a role that links the playing squad and management informally with a view to move into the dugout properly next season.

I would guess that we would look to bring in someone who could step in if Robinson is tempted away. His stock remains high, and a good start to the season with us, and someone like Brentford struggling could lead to another Blackpool situation, but one he'd not turn down.

So I'm guessing fairly young (late 30's) ex player with some coaching experience at maybe youth levels at a bigger club, but with a lot of potential.

......or Mous announced at 10am!!!! ??

I’d be surprised if there was that much foresight in the appointment of an assistant. Every club will have staff who can step in if a manger goes and a lot of assistant roles are just stepping stones to something better.

How about Richie Barker, current assistant at promoted Rotherham and someone who has assisted Robinson before. Thats the sort of character we should be looking at and someone who has clearly done a decent job.

As long as it isn't John Terry, or sol Campbell

He’ll do what he wants, he’ll do what he wants...

Pretty sure Karl has worked with Leven before as a player... got some good coaching experience now as well. Can’t doubt he has a decent footballing brain.

Karl said he wanted a better link between management and board and someone who could go over in person to see Tiger. Is Faz that man? Almost a director of football roll.

All I can picture is Faz doing roly polies during a board room meeting.

Back
Top Bottom