Championship Championship relegation

brassmonkey

So who do you want to go down?

Looks like 2 from Sheff Wed, Rotherham and Derby along with whipping boys Wycombe.

Rotherham have a big match tonight Vs Middlesbrough. If they win that it takes them a point behind Derby with 2 games in hand.

Sheff Wed play Derby last game of the season as well.

Think I want Rotherham to stay up. Annoying team as they always do well in League one.

In League 2 Morecambe 4th play Bolton 3rd on Saturday. Whichever team wins will probably get the 3rd automatic promotion spot.

Last edited:
Hopefully Morecambe win as Bolton don't appear to have learnt from their last admin with regards spending so could do with longer in L2.

County so we still have derby matches and the Wendys please

League Two is mad this year. I always thought Morecambe were perennial League Two whipping boys, how the hell are they in fourth?! And Cheltenham and Cambridge running away with the league! Wild, fair play to them all.

Looks like 2 from Sheff Wed, Rotherham and Derby along with whipping boys Wycombe.

Agree with above poster, trips to Hillsborough and Derby would be great. There could be some enormous names in League One next year - Derby, Wednesday, Sunderland, Pompey, Ipswich, Charlton making up a quarter of the division would be crazy.

Take slight issue with your characterisation of Wycombe. They've annoyingly done much better than I think anyone could have predicted. True they're bottom and 10 points off safety (and would be 12 if not for Wednesday's point reduction), but I, and I'm sure many others, genuinely thought they'd struggle to scrape into the teens. To still not be mathematically relegated with 4 games to go is, begrudgingly, quite impressive. 'Whipping boys' is harsh.

I don't think we'd have done much better if we went up last year instead to be honest.
They've done a bit better than I expected. How we would have done would of course have depended on who we signed. I don't see why we couldn't be as good as Luton.

They've done a bit better than I expected. How we would have done would of course have depended on who we signed. I don't see why we couldn't be as good as Luton.
Luton damn near came straight back down, they had a bit of a miracle run first season to stay up didn't they? From last year, Cov were cut above in our division, they are only just out of it, and Rotherham have yo-yoed between the divisions for the last few years. Staying up would have been a major achievement.

Hope it's Derby that cone down with Wednesday and Wyconbe as I feel Derby got away with a lenient punishment Iver their financial issues

League Two is mad this year. I always thought Morecambe were perennial League Two whipping boys, how the hell are they in fourth?! And Cheltenham and Cambridge running away with the league! Wild, fair play to them all.

Agree with above poster, trips to Hillsborough and Derby would be great. There could be some enormous names in League One next year - Derby, Wednesday, Sunderland, Pompey, Ipswich, Charlton making up a quarter of the division would be crazy.

Take slight issue with your characterisation of Wycombe. They've annoyingly done much better than I think anyone could have predicted. True they're bottom and 10 points off safety (and would be 12 if not for Wednesday's point reduction), but I, and I'm sure many others, genuinely thought they'd struggle to scrape into the teens. To still not be mathematically relegated with 4 games to go is, begrudgingly, quite impressive. 'Whipping boys' is harsh.

I wouldn’t say I’m cheering Cheltenham on but I am thrilled for Sercombe to have another likely promotion on his CV. He’s not good enough to take a team from League 1 to the Championship but he’s way too good to be pissing around in League 2.

One of my favourite players in recent years.

Ha!

Wycombe have been bottom all season and hilariously s**t. I love that we can find it within us to genuinely praise how well they've done.

So rovhum lost last night so looks like it will be them and sheff wed to go down.

Er.... and Oxford United please!!

Wednesday and Derby would be fun, if only because we've not played either in the league for a little while. On the other hand if it's Rotherham then at least when we get promoted we'll get to play one of them at least 😂

Back
Top Bottom