Championship Championship Last day

I agree that bigger clubs have been given the benefit of decisions recently by the shambles that is the EFL.

My issue with Wycombe is how they seem to go about things. Last season along with Rotherham they pushed PPG for their own gains. Now they want to get Derby relegated so they can benefit from yet another technicality. Fair enough they won the play offs last on the pitch, but if they were to stay up in this instance it would be completely undeserved.

Also if they are ready to take legal action, they can't be as skint as Arseworth makes them out to be in pretty much every post match interview.
I mean, so did we.

My issue with the way Wycombe went up was that I couldn't see, and I still can't see, any reason why weighted PPG couldn't have been used. I'm not sure how much say they had in that situation, but given it was obviously being discussed I still don't think we've ever actually had an explanation as why the fairer solution wasn't used.

If Derby are guilty they should be punished now. Why give them a chance to get away with it?

They're guilty of something that happened two seasons ago, though. The original charge was handed down in August 2020. Given they weren't given a points deduction for that season, there doesn't seem to be any logical reason why the points deduction should apply to the season just ended over next season, especially given the subsequent rejection of the appeal wasn't confirmed until after the end of this year.

If it's a points deduction and they avoid relegation.
No , they would have been punished justly whether they stay up or go down.
If the punishment is certain relegation then deduct this season but its not.

I mean, so did we.

My issue with the way Wycombe went up was that I couldn't see, and I still can't see, any reason why weighted PPG couldn't have been used. I'm not sure how much say they had in that situation, but given it was obviously being discussed I still don't think we've ever actually had an explanation as why the fairer solution wasn't used.

They're guilty of something that happened two seasons ago, though. The original charge was handed down in August 2020. Given they weren't given a points deduction for that season, there doesn't seem to be any logical reason why the points deduction should apply to the season just ended over next season, especially given the subsequent rejection of the appeal wasn't confirmed until after the end of this year.

Yes and the disciplinary process will be completed this season so the deducted points (if this is what is applied) should be applied as soon as possible which is this season.

They will probably appeal, the appeal or involve lots of solicitors to drag it out until after any cut off for this season.

Well this could get messy. If a points deduction is the outcome and it is applied to next season, I can see Sheffield Wednesday appealing that their points deduction should apply next season as well which would put Derby down. Lawyers about to have a field day.

who gives a s**t anyway we will be in the championship next season 😁
That’s my contribution to the thread 👍

Well this could get messy. If a points deduction is the outcome and it is applied to next season, I can see Sheffield Wednesday appealing that their points deduction should apply next season as well which would put Derby down. Lawyers about to have a field day.
Why would Sheff Weds give a damn though?

Why would Sheff Weds give a damn though?
Because if their points deduction of 6 points from this season was disapplied and applied to next season (if that's what happens to Derby), then they would finish on 47 points in the final 20/21 Championship Table and ahead of Derby, Wycombe and Rotherham

Because if their points deduction of 6 points from this season was disapplied and applied to next season (if that's what happens to Derby), then they would finish on 47 points in the final 20/21 Championship Table and ahead of Derby, Wycombe and Rotherham
Which is the other reason why Derby won't get a points deduction this season. You can unclutch those straws now Wycombe

Which is the other reason why Derby won't get a points deduction this season. You can unclutch those straws now Wycombe
But that is why Derby might get a points deduction this season - if it is applied to next season, this gives Sheff Wed a strong legal argument to run due to inconsistent application of punishments resulting in a relegation for one club and not the other.

But that is why Derby might get a points deduction this season - if it is applied to next season, this gives Sheff Wed a strong legal argument to run due to inconsistent application of punishments resulting in a relegation for one club and not the other.
It's all a mess. It'll get past the cut off point and won't be able until next season.

It's all a mess. It'll get past the cut off point and won't be able until next season.
That might be the outcome and if the EFL stall, it might get them out of this hole. 'All too late, sorry about that, thank goodness Wayne's Derby have survived in the Championship'.

That might be the outcome and if the EFL stall, it might get them out of this hole. 'All too late, sorry about that, thank goodness Wayne's Derby have survived in the Championship'.
Sheff Wed already had been docked points before the start of this season ....Derby hadn't.
Sheff W knew what the target was while Derby did not....next season 6 points deduction

Sheff Wed already had been docked points before the start of this season ....Derby hadn't.
Sheff W knew what the target was while Derby did not....next season 6 points deduction

Macclesfield knew their target, met it then had points deducted and got relegated.

Macclesfield knew their target, met it then had points deducted and got relegated.
So ? They got that completely wrong . Cheating deserves punishment but makes most of the games and emotions this season meaningless if deduction comes after the season ends

Why is it important for clubs who have wilfully cheated to 'know their target'? It's supposed to be a punishment.

There should be a cut off point, but it's not yet, the season is not finished.

Back
Top Bottom